• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD Processor ~$140

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Generally" speaking when all these characters, M LX PLUS, are added to the END of the name of an Asus mobo; it usually means limited overlock and or bios menu options. I most certainly would download the mobo manual and see what are the menu options for Voltage, ACC, Ram divider and so forth.

I found a new combo on Ebay ~ It comes with an AMD Phenom II x4 (3.0ghz) 960t with an Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ Motherboard for a price of $170.00. Does this seem like a good deal??

I would have said a £36 MOBO (uk) is really cheap... a little to cheap.... but it seems to get good reviews.

this one might matter to you

I bought this for a new gaming build. It's got everything I need as I don't believe you need to spend £60+ on a Mobo for good gaming. I coupled it with 8gb G-Skill RAM, OCZ 60gb SSD, already had 2x2tb Samsung HDD that were really easy to setup in raid 1+0 and a 6950 2gb (bios flashed to 6970) - I pull 110+fps on SWTOR.

The processor I used was the AMD Black Phenom II X4 960T. This mobo straight out of the box unlocked it to 6 cores and the on board overclocking options are fantastic. I unlocked 6 cores and overclocked to 3.5ghz making sure turboboost was turned OFF. Coupled with the hardware above, 7.8 windows index score, barely breaks a sweat (using a custom VenomX CPU cooler and custom IceCool GPU cooler). Would even let me OC my GPU out of the box.

However, after a days, certain games would crash, giving me a graphics error, was well as random desktop crashes and I also noticed that my RAM was in single channel, not dual channel mode. I tweaked a few settings to get my ram working correctly, but still experienced crashes. After an operating system reinstall and various different driver setups, I Flashed the BIOS to the latest version from the website (you can use the desktop utility to do this) and after I used the same OC settings and did another fresh install straight after the BIOS flash, Im having 0 problems.

Upgrade the BIOS straight away then perform another fresh install is the advice I will give. Great board at a great price, but takes a little bit of know how to get it and the hardware plugged into it working at full capability.

http://www.ebuyer.com/269070-asus-m...8l-m-lx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products

Back