• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New at overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When you display CPU-z pics please include along with the CPU tab, pics of tabs: "Memory" and "SPD". We need more info and that will go along way towards providing it.

It would be more convenient for us if you attach pics directly to your post as you see others do instead of providing a link. There is a built in forum tool for this if you click on Go Advanced located at the bottom of any new post window.

sorry should knew better than that

MotherBoard: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
CPU: Phenom II X6 1045T
Cooling: Zalman reserator 1 v2
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB-1333 F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH
GPU: Asus GTX 550

Attachments

• cpu-3645.bmp
    623.3 KB · Views: 73
  • memory-3645.bmp
    623.3 KB · Views: 69
  • spd.bmp
    623.3 KB · Views: 70
I've highlighted things you need to give attention to as they are or may be getting too far out of whack and will cause instability. If you will compare the frequencies and timings seen in the last two JEDEC columns in the CPU-z SPD tab with what your are currently running, you will see you need to slow the memory frequency and timings down.

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 45
trents, JEDEC is read wrong is CPU-Z. I believe I already told someone around here this before.
I hope you realize there is no 685 MHz option in your BIOS.

Please look at the XMP profile instead. The OP is running a mild overclock on DRAM. Most likely fine.

HT Link is fine. 10x multi. If he wants to lower it, that's cool, but won't change anything. Nothing wrong with running 2700 HT Link, but it is useless.

Core voltage is fine. 1.375v is probably the stock voltage, if it is a low-leakage CPU. Anyway, 1.375v is most likely stable on a 3.65 GHz overclock.

All DDR3 can run 1T command timings save for Crucial Ballistix 4 GB density sticks, which contain Micron D9 PFJ ICs. Those can only run 1T to about 2000 MHz. Anyway, 1T is faster.

Last edited:
xXSilentNinjaxX, can you run the Prime95 blend test for two hours without getting blue screen, lockup, restarts or workers dropping out with the current settings you display in post #3? If you haven't stressed the system like that, perhaps you should try that and have HWMonitor open in the background as you do it to monitor core temps and CPU temps.

What version of CPU-z are you using? BeepBeep2 could be right about it being broken but I think it's only the latest version. Perhaps you should uninstall it and intall an earlier version. I haven't tested this theory but I wonder if this JEDEC misreporting in colomns 3 and 4 happens only when the fsb is changed from stock? And he may be right about the DDR3 1T 2T thing but I think it wise to focus on overclocling the CPU cores first and then giving attention to the other components. So I like to play it conservatively with memory frequncies and timings until the CPU overclock is established. That helps eliminate some of the possibilities for instability.

Last edited:
+1 to trents.

If you do get a Blue Screen, lockup, restart, or workers dropping, try your best to log the most information possible.

BSOD - grab the BSOD code or read what it says at the top: ie. "A clock interrupt was not received on the secondary processor within the allocated time interval", or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "BAD_POOL_HEADER" etc.

Lockups are not all that helpful...but let us know.

Restarts - check event logs, or if a quick BSOD shown upon restart it may be retrievable with software like WhoCrashed.

Workers dropping - several ways this can happen, tell us what the window says.

Back