• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BETA BIOS - Memtest built in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samurai Jack

OSKAR_WU 10/15 beta bios with memtest.

4Vdimm JSJ 10/15 beta bios with memtest.

Thats it, new beta bios with memtest built into the bios itself. Install the bios, go into bios & select memtest & when it boot memtest will run. This can help get that memory stable before even installing a OS.

Remember after you run the test you have to go in & dissable memtest to get it to boot or it will run the test again.

There is also the 4vdimm version for those that want Voltage for the Vdimm.

Enjoy SJ

Xenocide said:
now all we need is prime 95 built in too

Its probably coming. There should be some kinda CPU stress tester intergrated later, not a 100% thing but its being talked about.

SJ

Last edited:
i just flashed the bios, sweet addition to DFI 754 bios :) .. btw where is the disable option in the bios? can't find it.. my system is booting into memtest again and again :(

EDIT: found it..silly me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ntrsfrml said:
i just flashed the bios, sweet addition to DFI 754 bios :) .. btw where is the disable option in the bios? can't find it.. my system is booting into memtest again and again :(

EDIT: found it..silly me :rolleyes:

yes for anyone else having this problem, its under the "gene bios" about half way down :thup:

-Jess-

Samurai Jack said:

Its probably coming. There should be some kinda CPU stress tester intergrated later.

SJ

i HIGHLY doubt it, p95 is not an opensource program like memtest, and its highly complicated in its processing routines.

Xenocide said:
i HIGHLY doubt it, p95 is not an opensource program like memtest, and its highly complicated in its processing routines.

well, i dont think there will accaully be prime 95, but i think there will be a cpu stress prog, that operates similarly to prime....

-Jess-

Xenocide said:

I didnt say prime95, but the possability of a CPU stress tester is good, not for certain but good. Dont know what program or if a prog may have to be writen, but it is being considered.

It would be a fine thing to have I must say.

SJ

Very nice idea :D

But I won't use it, since the 10/05 crashed my two IDEs a couple of days ago. Seems like the Fix ain't always "fix" with that one.

Anyway - I'll stick to 9/14 and use the memtest CD for testing - still a very good idea :clap:

4vdimm? this bios makes that option selectable? do you need to do any vbt vref mods, or does it track at 2.0v? :drool:

if this is true, say good bye to my nf7-s and mobile!

:bday:

Xenocide said:
i believe for 4v you need to adjust the 3.3v rail to about 4v....

im probabbly wrong though

you would never be able to get 4v to the dimms with the 3.3 line as you would need to run about 4.3 to get that stable. the dfi boards draw their vdimm from the 5 volt rail, so i am hoping this is just an unlocked bios option. i know that the dfi ut only supports 3.1 out of the box, but it says with bios update you can get upto 3.3. i really hop it got bios hacked upto 4.0! thanks exactly what my bh-5 needs.

i can see my new setup already. dfi ut, nc 3000+ , bh-5 at 255 3.5v. :drool:

somebody answer quick so i can go ahead and charge it to my CC :)

oc613 said:
you would never be able to get 4v to the dimms with the 3.3 line as you would need to run about 4.3 to get that stable. the dfi boards draw their vdimm from the 5 volt rail, so i am hoping this is just an unlocked bios option. i know that the dfi ut only supports 3.1 out of the box, but it says with bios update you can get upto 3.3. i really hop it got bios hacked upto 4.0! thanks exactly what my bh-5 needs.

i can see my new setup already. dfi ut, nc 3000+ , bh-5 at 255 3.5v. :drool:

somebody answer quick so i can go ahead and charge it to my CC :)

You can use 3,5V but u have to modify your PSU (or get an OCZ PowerStream with adjustable rails) - there is a thread here somewehere about this issue

oc613 said:
4vdimm? this bios makes that option selectable? do you need to do any vbt vref mods, or does it track at 2.0v? :drool:

if this is true, say good bye to my nf7-s and mobile!

:bday:

well, as the others have mentions, this mobo uses the 3.3v rail for power, so if you mod your PSU's 3.3v rail, and run it about 4.15v, then the vdimm options up to 4.0vdimm work great.

and yes the VTT(VBT) does trace with out mods

-Jess-

Back