• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BETA BIOS - Memtest built in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bucken77 said:
I'm having problems connecting to the beta bios. Anyone else?

what is the condition of your problem :cool:

you just tested and all downloads work great for me:thup:

-Jess-

so why even have 4v in the bios title if the bios itself doesn't even enable it. any bios can be a 4v bios if you run your rails high enough out of spec.

the questions is, how well does the board regulate the voltage above 3.1? does it depend solely on the fluctuation of the 3.3 volt line, or does the board smooth it out. no sense in trying to run that high a vdimm if the rail fluctuates from 3.4 - 3.7 underload.

thanks.

oc613 said:
so why even have 4v in the bios title if the bios itself doesn't even enable it. any bios can be a 4v bios if you run your rails high enough out of spec.

the questions is, how well does the board regulate the voltage above 3.1? does it depend solely on the fluctuation of the 3.3 volt line, or does the board smooth it out. no sense in trying to run that high a vdimm if the rail fluctuates from 3.4 - 3.7 underload.

thanks.

no, if you have the normal(non modded bios), you can run your 3.3v rail at 12v if you like, and the Vdimm IC will not, under any conditions, let the vdimm go above 3.1v, the vdimm will only go above 3.1v, if you have a moded 3.3v rail, AND you are using the moded bios.

and yes, the voltages, are dead stable, for me and samurai at least, at 3.7-3.8 vdimm, and that is mesuring it with a Digital Multi Meter, on the mobo :)

-Jess n Samurai-

Jess1313 said:
no, if you have the normal(non modded bios), you can run your 3.3v rail at 12v if you like, and the Vdimm IC will not, under any conditions, let the vdimm go above 3.1v, the vdimm will only go above 3.1v, if you have a moded 3.3v rail, AND you are using the moded bios.

and yes, the voltages, are dead stable, for me and samurai at least, at 3.7-3.8 vdimm, and that is mesuring it with a Digital Multi Meter, on the mobo :)

-Jess n Samurai-

ahh, got it now! thanks for the quick replies...

so new OCZ powerstream, or just buy a used booster... what do you 754 DFI experts think. currently have an enermax 465.

thanks!

oc613 said:
ahh, got it now! thanks for the quick replies...

so new OCZ powerstream, or just buy a used booster... what do you 754 DFI experts think. currently have an enermax 465.

thanks!

Humm, i nor samurai has used a DDR booster, and we both feel that the biosmod+3.3vrail adjust works great, and just so you know, AG says that using a ddr booster will void your warrentee ;) .

theres a guy that posts over here, dreUI, and he just got one of the OCZ PSU's, and is using it one a DFI board, im intersested in his results.

-Jess-

I just installed this new bios. but when i have run memtest86+ enabled, my computer just keeps rebooting itself and never runs memtest or really does anything but reboot everytime. anyone else having this problem?

You are the first of anyone we have heard or seen with a problem with this.
I really dont know what to tell you but you could try a reflash. I have seen a few have other probs that a reflash fixed.

When you flash use winflash & be shure to check for it to clear the blocks. Then clear your CMOS & go in and reset your bios up. Hopfully this will fix it.

Post back & let us know.

-Samurai Jack & Jess1313-

jalapeno said:
Very nice idea :D

But I won't use it, since the 10/05 crashed my two IDEs a couple of days ago. Seems like the Fix ain't always "fix" with that one.

Anyway - I'll stick to 9/14 and use the memtest CD for testing - still a very good idea :clap:

I am going to swap the NVRaid bios from the 9/14 bios & put it in this one, then those that cant use 10/05 because of the 4.66 raid bios can have this option of memtest.

I to have had probs with the 4.66 raid bios.

Samurai Jack & jess1313

oc613 said:
you would never be able to get 4v to the dimms with the 3.3 line as you would need to run about 4.3 to get that stable. the dfi boards draw their vdimm from the 5 volt rail, so i am hoping this is just an unlocked bios option. i know that the dfi ut only supports 3.1 out of the box, but it says with bios update you can get upto 3.3. i really hop it got bios hacked upto 4.0! thanks exactly what my bh-5 needs.

i can see my new setup already. dfi ut, nc 3000+ , bh-5 at 255 3.5v. :drool:

somebody answer quick so i can go ahead and charge it to my CC :)

I am working on a mod for changing the Vdimm to be feed off the 5v rail instead of the 3.3v.

Although being feed from 3.3v & turning up the PSU is working great for most, and the voltage stays very steady at the Ram slots and you dont have to mod the board in anyway with the current way that is used. The advantage of this is you want void your warranty from modding the board in anyway. So it is attractive in its own right.

But with the mod I am speaking of with the 5v you would still have ajustment from the bios all the way up to 4.0v. The way it is now it is kinda hard to get over 3.6 - 3.7 unless you really have one of the new kickin PSUs.

The mosfet used for the Vdimm is rated at 6.0v so it would be a stable mod. I am waiting till I can order a nother board to do this but all the research I ahve done looks good that this will work no problem.

Of course only those with good ol BH series ram could make use of this but my ram will run 268 right now. If it had more voltage I believe it will go about 280. 280 at 2-2-2-5, the thoughts of this sure got me fired up.

Samurai Jack & Jess1313

I was actually considering buying a booster... but if you're going to do this then I'll just wait it out. Thanks so much for doing this, I'm sure the community appreciates it.

Samurai Jack said:

I am working on a mod for changing the Vdimm to be feed off the 5v rail instead of the 3.3v.

Although being feed from 3.3v & turning up the PSU is working great for most, and the voltage stays very steady at the Ram slots and you dont have to mod the board in anyway with the current way that is used. The advantage of this is you want void your warranty from modding the board in anyway. So it is attractive in its own right.

But with the mod I am speaking of with the 5v you would still have ajustment from the bios all the way up to 4.0v. The way it is now it is kinda hard to get over 3.6 - 3.7 unless you really have one of the new kickin PSUs.

The mosfet used for the Vdimm is rated at 6.0v so it would be a stable mod. I am waiting till I can order a nother board to do this but all the research I ahve done looks good that this will work no problem.

Of course only those with good ol BH series ram could make use of this but my ram will run 268 right now. If it had more voltage I believe it will go about 280. 280 at 2-2-2-5, the thoughts of this sure got me fired up.

Samurai Jack & Jess1313

Thats awesome man! you willbe saving OCZ booster money to all us :D .. My 5V rail is very stable on Tt psu.. do it! :sn:

btw.. no bugs found in " 4Vdimm JSJ 10/15 beta bios with memtest " so far :)

keep the up the good works guys :clap:

I just installed this new bios. but when i have run memtest86+ enabled, my computer just keeps rebooting itself and never runs memtest or really does anything but reboot everytime. anyone else having this problem?

Actually I just encountered the exact same problem. I'm going to try a reflash...

Samurai Jack said:

I am going to swap the NVRaid bios from the 9/14 bios & put it in this one, then those that cant use 10/05 because of the 4.66 raid bios can have this option of memtest.

I to have had probs with the 4.66 raid bios.

Samurai Jack & jess1313

Alright SJ :santa2:

Sounds mighty fine - I won't need higher VDimm, since I am goin' to use TCCDs. But if the board will be truly able to fire more 3.2V at the Dimms without havin to modify the PSU, I might as well try some BH-5 :santa:

Great Work

PS: The 10/05 crash really bugged me - since all my data was lost - the XP Partition is completeley "wasted" - I haven't figured out a solution to recover my data yet :argue:

I reflashed my board and it still didn't work. Memtest in the bios really isn't that important to me though since everything else is working just fine. I ended up just using a floppy and running memtest from that. Also, for some reason I thought that everyone was getting bad overclocks when running their SATA on 3&4 so I've been running my setup on 1&2. Well I was browsing the forum and found out I had it backwards. So I hooked up my SATA to 3&4 and now I can get passed 240 FSB :D I'm testing at 245... still at the 2-2-2-10 timings. I already passed one round of memtest, priming for 30 minutes now before I try bumping it up again :D

Samurai Jack said:
OSKAR_WU 10/15 beta bios with memtest.

4Vdimm JSJ 10/15 beta bios with memtest.

Thats it, new beta bios with memtest built into the bios itself. Install the bios, go into bios & select memtest & when it boot memtest will run. This can help get that memory stable before even installing a OS.

Remember after you run the test you have to go in & dissable memtest to get it to boot or it will run the test again.

There is also the 4vdimm version for those that want Voltage for the Vdimm.

Enjoy SJ

Memtest doesn't work for me with this BIOS ... :-/

hrmm.. I'll have to give this bios a try then. I hope Oscar fixed the problem with the sata RAID that was screwing up everything with the 10/05 bios. The 9/14 bios works for me right now but there are some other quarks I dislike about it.

how it works???

Samurai Jack said:
OSKAR_WU 10/15 beta bios with memtest.
4Vdimm JSJ 10/15 beta bios with memtest.
Thats it, new beta bios with memtest built into the bios itself. Install the bios, go into bios & select memtest & when it boot memtest will run. This can help get that memory stable before even installing a OS.
Remember after you run the test you have to go in & dissable memtest to get it to boot or it will run the test again.
There is also the 4vdimm version for those that want Voltage for the Vdimm.
Enjoy SJ
Can you tell me how it works?
I installed this new Bios and I booted it.
I saw my mem 1GB and it ran to check drives and then reboot again.
If it passed or anything wrong? I can't see my mem running :(

decptt said:
Can you tell me how it works?
I installed this new Bios and I booted it.
I saw my mem 1GB and it ran to check drives and then reboot again.
If it passed or anything wrong? I can't see my mem running :(

try loading optimised defaults, and be sure that "memtest" is enabled in genie bios, if you wish to run it that is. is should come up with a blue screen, with your system info, and some info about the tests it runings and such.

GL
-Jess-

I finally have been able to remove the memtest CD that has been in my drive for at least 6 months now. The future of bioses has arrived!

Back