• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BETA BIOS - Memtest built in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is good to see some having good clocks out of this bios, also the memtest is great.

For those who are having the reboot problem & memtest not running(you will see it running with its blue & green screen) try to lower your LDT multiplier by 1 from where you are at. If running 4x set it to 3x, this is showing that it was not stable to begine with. I have done some test and found this to be one of the problem.

If it doesnt fix your problem I have moddified this bios to have the 4.53 raid rom for those who can not run with the 4.66 raid bios. I am going to wait to release it untill some testers that are checking it out get back to me with results.

Samurai Jack said:
It is good to see some having good clocks out of this bios, also the memtest is great.

For those who are having the reboot problem & memtest not running(you will see it running with its blue & green screen) try to lower your LDT multiplier by 1 from where you are at. If running 4x set it to 3x, this is showing that it was not stable to begine with. I have done some test and found this to be one of the problem.

If it doesnt fix your problem I have moddified this bios to have the 4.53 raid rom for those who can not run with the 4.66 raid bios. I am going to wait to release it untill some testers that are checking it out get back to me with results.

I even tried setting my BIOS on failsafe defaults... still no workie :bang head

A64 3400+ Clawhammer CG stepping
DFI Lanparty UT 250gb
1GB Geil 2.5 CAS
Visiontek X800 Pro
WD Raptor 74GB HD

I tried running it with a lowered HTT multiplier and it didn't help. I even tried running at fail safe with a 3x HTT multiplier and still nothing. One thing I did notice is that my bios doesn't like to safe my boot priority options for some reason. Like I'll change my SATA drive to be the first HD boot device and I'll replace CD-rom with HD as the second boot device and when I save and restart it won't save my SATA as the first hard drive. So I'll have to go back in the bios and change it again. It works after the second time but the first time it always fails to save. I just thought that was kind of weird.

Jess1313 said:
try loading optimised defaults, and be sure that "memtest" is enabled in genie bios, if you wish to run it that is. is should come up with a blue screen, with your system info, and some info about the tests it runings and such.

GL
-Jess-

Thank you, man. You helped me again. :thup:

Had you seen this one. The awesome hot heat up program.
(See how hot it is from my new signature.)
This program is awesome.
10x250 for my DTR tested with Prime95, the temp is maximum 58C
but this program heat it to 61C SUPER HEAT.

And also it has memory test program inside.

You just unzip and run it.

Here is program

www.xbits.com uses this program to test Athlon64 4000+ and FX-55

Samurai Jack said:

To SJ & Jess,
I have one question after I tested.

I set Mem to 2.5-3-5-3 v2.8,
2.5-4-10-4 v2.8, and
2.5-3-7-3 v2.8
All of them don't pass "test5" of std test. (in 10x240 v1.55*104%)[ Not only that but also when I set CPU to 10x230 v1.45*104%)

After that I tested by setting 2.5.-2-8-2 v2.8 (10x240), it passed all std test. :eek:

I am very confused why could these happen. :confused:
Can you explain why could that be.

In my thought, slow setting mem (the same spd) should pass when CPU setting high, isn't it? :bang head

2.5-2-8-2 not pass test1 in 10x250
2.5-2-8-2 not pass test5 in 10x250

Now im testing 2.5-3-8-3 in 10x245.
Edit : not pass!
Edit2: 2.5-2-5-2 in 10x240 not pass in test5
2.5-2-6-2 in 10x240 pass in std test

Last edited:
decptt said:
To SJ & Jess,
I have one question after I tested.

I set Mem to 2.5-3-5-3 v2.8,
2.5-4-10-4 v2.8, and
2.5-3-7-3 v2.8
All of them don't pass "test5" of std test. (in 10x240 v1.55*104%)[ Not only that but also when I set CPU to 10x230 v1.45*104%)

After that I tested by setting 2.5.-2-8-2 v2.8 (10x240), it passed all std test. :eek:

I am very confused why could these happen. :confused:
Can you explain why could that be.

In my thought, slow setting mem (the same spd) should pass when CPU setting high, isn't it? :bang head

2.5-2-8-2 not pass test1 in 10x250
2.5-2-8-2 not pass test5 in 10x250

Now im testing 2.5-3-8-3 in 10x245.
Edit : not pass!
Edit2: 2.5-2-5-2 in 10x240 not pass in test5
2.5-2-6-2 in 10x240 pass in std test

I think maybe I would test with a 8x multiplier & juust work with mem/HTT by itself.

It takes 1.55v / 113% for me to to 2500 plus.

I believe the other timings that you are not mentioning may be part of the fix.

TRC,TRFC,read preamble,max aasync latancy, refreash rate, skew, drive level. It seems you are not stable with any of your settings & the fix will probably be with the other setting.

Start of by loosening TRC & TRFC and then work form there, keep your clock down to keep it out of the way untill you find mem stability. Then when you up your clock you may have to back the mem down alittle by 1 or 2 mhz.

But find something stable and work from there with the clock down, maybe 8x225 and then go up 5 mhz at a time & work it stable.

SJ

The Memtest option doesn't work for me either, it just gives me a blank screen for a few seconds then reboots/reposts, even when I run everything at default :(

Walrusbonzo said:
The Memtest option doesn't work for me either, it just gives me a blank screen for a few seconds then reboots/reposts, even when I run everything at default :(

That seems to be a multiplier problem. Try another multi and see how it works. For example I get the exact same error (well, reboot) at any speed with a multi of 7. If I run a multi of 8 or 9 or something else, everything is fine and the memtest option works without problems. Don't know why, but that's the way it is. :D ;)

Edit: Oops, sorry that ht eanswer is a little late. :santa2:

Back