• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BETA Bios NF7's NO MORE CORRUPTION!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its a du 1.6v default.
its been at 2.2 for 2 months and 2v for 4more id say.i backed it down as i cant run over 2v as it overloads my summer only refer h20 for cooling.
in the winter i use outside ohio winter air and i can keep the chip colder longer like that.
i have a very long and intensive routine i use to condition my chips to run vcore that high.
also id never try over 1.9v on those dlt 1.5 volt chips.

do you feel like sharing you routine

and what are your temps with your h2o and this new bios or what do you consider to high because mine hit 40c today in the heat but it only hit about 65 out

this link is a small guide to what i do.to date ive still not burned/killed one yet.
http://forum2.oc-forums.com/cgi-bin/adcycle/adcycle.cgi?gid=1&t=_top&id=1963&type=iframe

i think temps are only relative to what voltage you use.
anything over 50c and above stock voltage is bad.
stock voltage chips i feel 60c wouldnt hurt it badly but doesnt help anything either.im talking real accurate temps tho.

the abit nf7-s were all reading 8-10c too high.
prior to the new bios mine read 28c-32 while folding.
now i get 18c-20 c folding.my h20 temps are 8-10c always.i use a half sized fridge and dropped the freezer section that does all the cooling into a large container of h20/antifreeze.

i like to follow what i wrote in that guide.the more voltage you use the lower the temps need to go.very very hard to do,but necesary!
also slow and easy condtioning and slowly working the voltage up.
dont use hard core burnins over 2vcore. i use sandras burnin or just fold over 2v.
prime is too hot and so is cpuburn.
folding just takes longer but has the same effect.

I can't believe those temp drops are accurate..... if I flashed to that bios your telling my my idle temps would read 10C system and 20C CPU? That's air cooled btw. I really dont' see how that is possible at all, since that would have to mean my ambient temperature is about 50 degrees farenheight.... which its not, its 80.

if your refering to what i was talking about then no,yours wont read that.i have refer h20 cooling its what mine reads.

yours should drop 8c or so from what it is now..

i have read that procedure i just couldnt remember who wrote it and i couldnt find it but thanks for the link deathstar

My ambient temps didn't go down with the beta bios. Only cpu temp went down by like 10c after the update. I feel it is pretty accurate.

Boostin14PSI said:
My ambient temps didn't go down with the beta bios. Only cpu temp went down by like 10c after the update. I feel it is pretty accurate.

That's your system (mobo diode) temp. I use a thermometer to get my ambient temps.

Right now I'm at 25c/41c/51c.

dropadrop said:
Sounds like it changed the temp reading from the diode to socket...

The NF7 Rev.2.0 for example never used the internal diode for temp. measuring in bios!!! It only uses the internal diode for it's over temperature protection function!!!!

The board always shows temps measured by external probes in BIOS!;)

My old MSI K7N420 Pro could read the thermal diode but temperatures where judged to be non linear and need ajustments.

So the conclusion was that they were pretty much only good for thermal protection...

I feel the new CPU temp make a lot more sense but I think it more like -8C than -10C...

this new bios also improves overclocking as my system is now more stable...

this new bios also improves overclock, before i flashed, my system wouldn't pass prime95, so i flashed it and was gonna turn my settings down(memory timings), but then i thought one more time, and hey it ran not only did it not crash after 2min but went on for hours.... before it wouldn't run i tried it about a good five times and it always crashed after 2 min

Cúchulainn said:
I had to revert after trying these on both a v1.2 and v2.0. Just setting the equivalent FSBs that I ran before prevented booting or locked the machine up. :-/

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1802351#post1802351

I didn't have any problems at first because I was always at 11x multipliers. When I tried to use any 10.5 or below multies, I had the same problem.

This is great news because that means my CPU usn't damaged after all.

Back