• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build is not going well...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its the same version 431.60.

If you have a suggestion of something else to run, I am all ears. It's a fresh install, Smite (a game) is installed but won't start.

I am gonna try the drivers again and see if it happens again.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Is the Samsung 840 Evo an older drive carried over from another build or was it new when you started this build?

It's new. Everything is new.

Its supposed to boot to really low ram settings... leave it like that for now. Set OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS from the bios save, and exit. Once in windows get x570 chipset drivers from amd.. install those.

I cant even get geforce experience to load, thus I cant install the video drivers.

I'll try the new HD + fresh install option.

When I install Chrome, it still seems like it has a bad internet connection, while the same page will load right up in IE.

Chrome is "Establishing secure connection..." forever and 50/50 of it working.

I do. I will try this next if I cant get it working as is. The drivers are all right now for the first time.

What about your network drivers? Can you re-install them? I used the ones provided by ASRock without trouble, but I did seem to remember an odd bug with the chipset drivers, hence the suggestion for the AMD ones.

As has been said, you can install the nVidia drivers without GFE, try that. Also at this point you may need to run something like DDU to make sure you have a fresh install of them.

I installed the chipset. I am working on the other drivers aside from graphics.

When I tried to install the drivers from .exe it tells me I need to use GFE.

Once I have everything installed, what should I run as a test?

The nvidia drivers give you an option to install GFE or not. I know you're trying to get the game.. but let's not for this second.

You can run aida64 stress test... prime95 blend...

The nvidia drivers give you an option to install GFE or not. I know you're trying to get the game.. but let's not for this second.

You can run aida64 stress test... prime95 blend...

The game is so secondary, I'm on the same page with you. I need to get it working first :)

The computer seems better now. This is where I am at:

• Installed Windows 10 on an old spinner.
  • Installed chipset drivers from AMD webpage.
  • Installed LAN drivers from Asrock page.
  • Im installing WLAN drivers now.
Should I install the graphics card (attempt from file, not GFE) or stress test first?

My man... all drivers you need should be installed before you stress test. :)

Get the nvidia driver from the nvidia website... click to install without GFE.

Install your audio drivers (asrock website).

Wifi drivers if you have it or need it...

Once all the drivers you need are installed, run a stress test for a while. Give it a few hours.

Personally, I would get the graphic driver installed (no GFE), then stress test.

Glad to see your making progress.

Yes E_D, my typing is slow. lol

I installed the WLAN drivers but it's freezing again.

Realtek LAN (v8710_UAD_WHQL_RTK) from asrock errors and says it doesn't support my system, contact system maker.

I left myself a post it note about the situation. :clap:

And that is with ram at default/2133, right?

What are temps of the cpu in bios and in windows?

RAM at default, yes. I'm going to double check BIOS. I want everything auto/default at this point, right?

As for temps, I dont think I have a monitor installed yet.

Yes. There is a one touch F ky to set that.

Check bios temps... report on windows temps when you can

It was set to defaults as best I could tell (2133) already but I reset to defaults anyway.

BIOS temps...

CPU 61.5C
SB 59.5C
M/B 35.0C

I updated my sig also.

Last edited:
Just sitting in BIOS since the last post and temps have risen...

CPU 65
SB 62
MB 37

Back