• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Need Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah that's interesting. That fan you just posted looks like it would have no problem fitting with hitting the top of case or the side panels. Hopefully it wont hit back case fan and I might have to get low profile ram heat spreader

I didn't want to go this route because of expense and other reasons. But what is the watts liquid coolers take? And would my set up have enough watts and have room for it? I know about nothing about LQ and all I see is that heat sink thing that goes on atop of the cpu hardly takes up any room and would work in my case but not sure about radiator and fans

Do not get Kingston Ram for an Fx processor, we have seen a lot of instances where they just do not play nice together, stick with G. Skill.

As far as going liquid cooling, if you have room for a 120mm fan in the case you should be able to do it. Just do some research on the different ones out.

Ok, I will find some nice gskill 16gb ram. It is just a hassle wondering, looking, and worrying about heatsinks that will work in my case and not hit ram so I saw that low profile memory heatsink ram and its fast so I thought of that ram. I will get gskill. I thought my case was big especially compared to these other computers and cases I have I really didn't think there was much bigger cases out there. So im about done worrying and wondering about which heatsink to get and waiting around to get my computer built so I just figured I would ask about the water cooling since I know or pretty sure it wont hit anything. I seen where people have been putting the radiators on the outside of the case if they don't fit in the case. So I was thinking about mounting radiator on top of case. That's if the hoses and wires would be long enough, and I don't know about power draw for those liquid coolers so im not sure about the overclocking and power draw from liquid cooler with my current psu.

AIO's barely use any power... several watts... that is not. Not lose to being a consideration unless you are at its limit.

LOL, wow... my fault.

AIO = All In One cooler, meaning a sealed water cooler.

I MEANT to say that several watts is not close to being a consideration unless you are already at your PSUs limit.

Oh wow thank you. I was worrying about them taking up a lot more watts than like a fan heat sink. I couldn't find information on how much watts those take up before and just guessed it would be like 50-100 watts. If they only take up about around as many watts as fan cooled heatsink, im going to buy one of them then since I see them for around $100+ and can overclock my cpu more.

So I can slap the radiator on top of my case so I don't have to worry about room in case and I'm wondering any suggestions on them for around $100 and can I get like 5ghz out of my cpu?

How are you going to get a sealed AIO outside the case??????? It's sealed so you can't take it apart to route the tubing outsode.

Pumps use anywhere from a few watts to over a well over a dozen (some use more but for the most part....)

Oh wow thank you. I was worrying about them taking up a lot more watts than like a fan heat sink. I couldn't find information on how much watts those take up before and just guessed it would be like 50-100 watts. If they only take up about around as many watts as fan cooled heatsink, im going to buy one of them then since I see them for around $100+ and can overclock my cpu more.

So I can slap the radiator on top of my case so I don't have to worry about room in case and I'm wondering any suggestions on them for around $100 and can I get like 5ghz out of my cpu?
If you have a really really low Vid chip you might be able to do 5.0 with an All in one water unit. Though, go back and re read my post #4. The motherboard you have isn't a top of the line component and my not have the power to push the Fx 8xxx chip to 5.0. We also do not know if your chip will even do 5.0, it may not.

Thank you people. I just received in mail the G. Skill sniper 1833 9 10 9 28 16GB ram. I never actually put a cpu or mobo in before but I have put new psu's in rewiring it, hard drives/ssd's, and video cards in before. So im not quite sure if I want to do it myself. I looked at the cpu and the socket and not even sure what way that goes in because of the corners. I just asked a computer shop how much just to install new parts and they wanted $80... So I got all the parts...well I'm not sure on about aftermarket heat sink/AIO's. So I think I'm just going to install with what I have and try to figure out where to go from there for after market heat sinks/AIO's to over clock it. Learned a lot from here. Thanks

Back