• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build need help on OS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowep

Registered
Im building my first PC today (just got my parts in!) and need help on how to install windows 7 OS. I talked to a microsoft rep, who told me home premium(http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...?ClickID=bel1yflklqndyvm6yvsgggk1flv111nfeqqv) would work for the OS.

I was a little iffy on the help so I decided to come here to ask for some real help. Is the home premium what I want to use on first time start up of my pc or is there something else? And would I be able to buy the download online and burn it onto a disk for the install?

Thanks for the help in advance!

If you're asking this question, you probably don't need the 192GB of RAM Professional offers, nor any of the business features Enterprise gives, thus, Home Premium is perfect for you.

You will have to download it from Digital River (think Microsoft) and burn it to an USB drive / DVD.

Back