• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manicmechanic1

Registered
I was looking to buy the FX 9590 and mobo Gigabyte GA 990 FXA, I couldn't find any threads on either anybody got any advice on these?

i have amd and am a amd fanboy...but id have to agree get a 4770k and a good board or even a x edition ivy bridge e

the 9590 is just a well binned 8350, johan45 posts his deep in the "just putzen around" thread.

I was looking to buy the FX 9590 and mobo Gigabyte GA 990 FXA, I couldn't find any threads on either anybody got any advice on these?
If you really want to go with a 9590, get a Sabertooth, CHV-Z or Extreme 9 motherboard. Take into account, if overclocking it, you better plan on some serious cooling.

Thanks guys I will look in to the 4770, I'm kinda new to intel although my laptop has a i7 and I'm not that impressed with the mobile CPU. If I was building a hot rod car I wouldn't even think twice about the build but computers are another story. Thanks again

If you can afford a 9590 definitely get a 4770K instead. You'll save a few $ and end up with a more powerful CPU once you overclock it. At the same clock speed, the 4770K is going to win and pretty much anything and everything.

Also, where you would have needed to top tier motherboard to support the 9590, you will be fine with a cheap-o $130 motherboard for the 4770K. So you're saving money, AND ending up with a faster CPU. You can't lose.

Well after listening to all of your advice on the 4770k that's what I went with.
I haven't OCed it yet but I di run the Prime 95 for 30 mins.
Here is what I cameup with on the build. This is the first time in a very long time I haven't used a AMD processor.
CPU-4770K
MOBO- MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Memory- 16GB 2x8 2400 GSkill Trident
Cooler- Corsair H100i
GPU's- XFX Radeon HD7770 Black editions (2)
Storage-250GB Samsung 840 SSD
PSU-RX-1200AE Raidmax
Case-CoolerMaster Cosmos SE

That's about it when I get some more money to spend ill put more SSD's in and upgrade the cooler.
But this is how it did out of the box it ran at3.6 im not sure but that's probably normal. Thanks again Guys you've been a big help in these endeavors.

Attachments

• P95 at 15 Mins.jpg
    P95 at 15 Mins.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 52
  • P95 at 20 mins.jpg
    P95 at 20 mins.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Prime 95 at 30 mins.jpg
    Prime 95 at 30 mins.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 55
Not too shabby at all. For mostly gaming, you have probably chosen well and the Crossfire driver probably works pretty well on that rig.
RGone...

you`re on a roll today.

Yes I am trying to keep it short and sweet and not much about Intel here in the AMD CPU Forum section. We may at times feel one maybe better served to move to Intel, and a general report back is okay as was done...then it is time for back to AMD and the Intellite moves to Intel sections. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

Back