• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case, wont boot up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cjc_75

HI folks,

I just swapped my PC ( gigabyte ga-7dpxdw-p & dual AMD 2400+) into a new case, everything was working great before.

Now when I turn it on, the monitor instantly "goes to sleep", and the power on switch has no effect ( it just turns on with the PSU power switch). All the fans spin up fine.

I tried unplugging and popping out the battery which had no effect.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

*Asking the obvious* Have you checked that the wires are correct, inserted all the way, 4 pin is connected, cards all the way in.

//Christian

Maybe its shorting out on the case, try to take out the mobo and put it back in. Yes I know pain in the butt

I checked everything I could think of. I actually got it to boot up properly once ( with all switches working correctly). I rebooted it and it went back to as before.

I am going to take it out of the case and check, I realized that it had rebooted when i had the case on its side. Perhaps something is touching.

Thanks,
Cj

You may have not been careful enough when reclipping the heatsink and thus the processor chip may be damaged!!! :eek: :eh?:

I remembered accidently cracking my Athlon T-bird back in 2002.

I pulled it all out as a whole unit, and didnt remove the HSF's. I was paranoid of that exact thing :p

Well, I took out the mobo and put some electrician tape on the stand off points and wherever I saw a scratch on the case inside.

I think I'll try another video card next. That does'nt really explain the power switch though?

Is the cord on the right pins? Know i had trouble on a DFI WT70 with the pins, it was a pin up for powerswitch and the markings said to put it where i put it. Luckily they have manuals on the internet.. :D

//Christian

I think they are on the right pins, the GIgabyte site does'nt have any manuals for the mobo I have ( discontinued).

It says "PW" on the pcb. the only one that I have to really guess at is H= H- which I'm assuming to be the HDD lights.

No luck 8(

I also tried another functioning video card and it didnt go. Im really stumped as to why it worked that once..inbetween not working.

I wish I had a PCI card to try it out.

I finally figured it out!

I noticed a little red LED blinking now and then. It was the CPU overheat warning. I guess I had poor contact on one of the cpus and, moving the mobo must have aggrevated it. A little goo solved all the problems.

Thanks for the help!

Back