• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

Well it looks like I'm buying a new pc after all. I'm looking for a new case to house my new beast. From what I've seen (and it hasn't been much atm) the Antec P182 looks like a good one. Any better suggestions? I'm looking for silence and good-cooling above all. It has to be spacious enough to fit 2 8800 GTS in sli along with all the other basic components (a WiFi card aswell).

For the time being it'll be air-cooled, but i hope to go WC one day. You guys think i can fit a setup like that in here? Any better suggestions?

since its under the same heading anyway, anyone got PSU recommendations? or, what are the kind of numbers I'm look at, in terms of wattage and amperage. (Is 20A on the 12V rail still a rule of thumb? it was a few years ago lol)

I would go with an Antec 900 over a 182.

Not totally sure, but I think you want more than 20a for two 8800 GTS's.

I had the P182 and loved it, It is very quiet, at least mine was with Noctua P12 fans running full speed, as far as room goes, I had no problem with 2 8800 gts g92 cards with a 750i motherboard.
as far as PSU, I am using a silverstone decathalon 750 psu and was using it for that setup as well, I recently went to the antec mini p180 because i liked the 182 so much,
But i needed a case that went under the desk and not beside it, So i also switched to a Matx gigabyte g33m-d2sr motherboard.
Gave my son the 750i motherboard, he uses a antec 900 case, but i wanted something a bit more quieter and yet still keep my stuff cool, It is a very nice and very quiet case with the right fans.

I just got a P182 today myself and it is a REALLY nice case. Its gonna be a pleasure building in it tomorrow!

For a power supply I would go with Corsair or PC Power & Cooling. You pay a premium but they are the two best power supply companies at the moment. I think you'll have to look for around 750 Watts for 2 8800GTS cards. Heres a nice one and it has a good rebate right now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009

Back