• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'New' combo of 2600K + Z68X + G.Skill 2400 MHz won't start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

p7_man

Registered
So finally got the parts together and now it won't start, fans work for ~ten seconds and then restart just to do the same, no pic into screen. Clearing CMOS doesn't help. Trying w/o G.Skill's, no change in behavior. All other parts r bought 2nd hand, but G.Skill's r from my old Z87X setup which is already history. Antec gives the right voltages from 5 V and 12 V rails, measured it. Is it possible those RAM's r not compatible? A 1800 MHz 1GB HyperX stick is on the way already. Both MB and CPU r sold to me as fully working. Thanx for your concern.

GA-Z68Xp-UD4
G.Skill F3-2400C10D-8GTX 1.65V
Antec Earthwatts 500W
HD 7950 or GF 7600

Both GPU's have been and r fully working too.

Doesn't the UD4 have a debug LED? If so, what codes is it throwing off?

If not, I suppose you will have to wait until the new ram gets in to test it.

I assume you double checked all the connections, etc?

Really no debug LED in this :-/ Have the MB on the floor with antistatic bag under it and only the mentioned stuff securely connected into it. Yea, gotta wait only it seems..

..and got no beebing from the beeb-loudspeaker either.. hehe

No it won't :) Checked it with my multimeter now and it has no conductivity of any kind.. Placed it under the MB only lately to make sure the naked floor under the MB wasn't giving the problem.

I guess the 2600K now tries to start with 24x memory multiplier, since it just and just maybe exist in Sandy Bridges.. but it just won't work and that's why it won't start. I didn't study Sandys memory thingies at all b4 now..

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen one of those bags short, because they work by conducting electricity around the parts inside....

OK OK! I already had taken it off. Luckily it behaved just the same with the bag under too, so no shorts I guess..

So I guess any modern, quality 1600/1866 MHz 8GB set will work on this rig, right..?

Last edited by a moderator:
24xx theory depends on the IMC lottery... Some Sandy Bridge will accept 2400+, some not.

OK, good to know. Thanx.

Well dunno about that 24x in Sandy, this mainboard has a max multiplier of 21.33 at least.

Last edited:
Back