• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer build need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, limited to 100Mbps (despite board capable of Gb) if memory serves me correctly, but they're very easy and it's a hardline connection, so no troubleshooting wireless issues and whatnot. If you're confident in your router, then wireless looks a little cheaper, but the powerline adapters are another cool option.

My router hasn't given me any issues thus far but I do like the hard line option that should work fine for gaming shouldn't it?

Yep, that's what I use it for. My main PC sits next to my router, so it's connected directly to it. Then I have a set of the powerline adapters, the receiving end of which is setup on the other side of the basement for when friends bring a PC over to game. Works very well and it's all just plug and play.

Just ordered that d-link kit and with the promo code it was 15 bucks off so got it for 19.99 with free shipping! Thanks for the advice on that ninjacore

He got it all loaded up with a brand new windows 10 os from best buy I go today to double check it all and if it's all good take it home

Yeah if it all checks out it'll be a good deal for sure! Thanks a lot for your help ninjacore and dlaw I appreciate it very much. I'll let tall know what happens later!

Well I bought it the guy was really cool and honest as could be with me. It's a clean machine. Downloading the drivers now

Yeah I'm thinking so too. It has an LG optical drive too he forgot to mention so another plus! All I'll probably add is a 1 tb hdd for storage and call it good might put it in a in win grone case but I'm kinda liking this case

OK so since I'm fairly new at this what drivers exactly do I need? I installed the GeForce once right of the Internet then got the logitech gaming software for the mouse and keyboard. He was saying that the Mobo requires a reset with new drivers? I have the driver disks that came with the mobo so not sure where to go from here some help would be great! I also am wondering on an Antivirus program and I will be installing steam and probably using steam guard let me know if I missed anything

You need to go to the Asus webpage and search for the motherboard, and download the drivers for it. While you're right there, you might as well grab any BIOS update available. Just install each driver one at a time, restarting between each install (not always necessary, but it sucks when you don't and have issues).

Well got her all updated then downloaded ark survival and ran it on my 720p TV with everything on high or epic and got great fps and it runs like a beast love this thing

Ok so what brand do you recommend for a main storage? I'm thinking like 1tb hdd but I'm welcome to your guys opinions. My ssd is holding up fairly well so far but I know I'll need more room so I want to prepare

Yep, Western Digital is the typical suggestion. I've had fairly good luck with all of them, but there at stats floating around where the WDs fail at ~1% and others (like Seagate) fail at 3+.

Back