• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New cooling system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No rush. Enjoy the journey as you fill the mind.

It's a hobby, not a goal.

that's for certain. You can get pretty creative with this hobby too. In the end though, there is nothing like trial and error.

You can read all the forums and all the online tutorials you want to, but in the end you have to do it yourself, and only through doing it yourself will you learn what works and what doesn't.

Heres a LINK on some info on QDCs I had posted for some in my build log. Hope that helps.

Lyian, what are you thinking of doing as far as your valve goes? Have you looked into the options, yet? I know what I want, but I don't know if it exists. I'm thinking of a T-valve, with the tubs connected to opposite sides.. Then the third line having an on/off valve, so I can have it turned off, meaning that the water is contained to the tubes. I can then hook a tube up to the third port, hang it inthe sink, and turn the valve on, letting the water empty out.

Not sure if it exists though, and I'd want something that looks nice and isn't to obvious.

Actually, i was thinking about the same. Setting up a valve and a T connection. I found a valve here.

As for pics the only one i found was in the rebuild guide on here.

IMG_0457.JPG

Annual Water Cooling Cleaning and Rebuild Journal.

Hm. T hat's not to bad, the setup in Lyian's pic.. I wouldn't be able to branch it off the res like that, cause mine's stuck in a 5.25" bay. But, I could work that in with my GPU, possibly.

I looked through JB's build log as well, and got to thinking that it wouldn't be so bad to have extra tubing in the case, rather then going the shortest, most direct route from component to component. I used, maybe, three or four feet of tubing in my build because I'd go out from one component, curve it into a 90 to the next.. There wasn't any more put in than needed. But, doing it that way doesn't leave a lot of space to add QDC's to... Or, there's something like this..

http://koolance.com/vl3n-quick-disconnect-no-spill-coupling-pair-with-l-bracket-for-id-13mm-1-2in

Could get a T-line off of.. Something, and run it to the back of that.

Though, I'd still love to have QDCs on every component, just for the simple fact that switching them out, and filling them, would be -easy-. If only it didn't cost $200... I'm considering just buying one or two sets per paycheck. I dunno, we'll see.

Edit: Reworked the location of the QDC's and cut those in half. Came to the realization I didn't need two QDCs per item.. I could put the QDCs inline with the tubing, rather then attaching them directly to the component. Inline, I'd only ned 4 sets (5, when I get the new rad.) which puts it at about 100 bucks.

Last edited:
Alright, so I'm planning out what I want, whenever I decide to spring for it...

I'm thinking I'll do the RX240 rad. I like the sub-8fpi, so I can keep the case relatively quiet.. I also run the 360 version if it already, and it seems to be doing well. They've both recieved good reviews, too.

4 sets of inline male/female QDC's.. Two sets for the new rad, and 2 sets for the two tubes I have to disconnect to add the rad into the loop (Undecided what tubes those are, as of yet)

Now, I'm still trying to decide as far as my fans go. My RX360 runs 3 Bit Fenix Spectres (http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=36_407_696&products_id=35940)

Which come in at 10 bucks a pop. Two of those would be no issue, cost-wise..

But the GT-AP15's (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24749) come in at 15 bucks, and everywhere I read about them, they're held up as -amazing- fans.. I'm leaning towards the AP15's.

@ Kylesims Pretty sure you have check out my build? The T-Line it's pretty much exactly what your thinking. If you look at the pics, you will see it's really just a dummy line from the T line- at the end I have a QD (totally not needed) pop in a stop plug...and call it a day

After my leak test. I tested the T-Line and it worked like champ:clap: not a single drop. Re-filled / prime and good to go---

Edit - Still waiting on your pics :)

Last edited:
Pics are UP!

Nice work!!!!:attn:

Edit:
Love it! How do you like gaming on the 3 screens? Also you don't really need a T-line/drain. Your loop should be easy to drain. As you stated work your way back from the Res.

Yes! I've looked at your rig. It's beautiful.

I think what I'm going to end up doing though, is just putting QDCs on a few of the components.. Probably on the bottom of the GPU (I'm going to be switching it so one tube runs down, instead of both up), and then on the top of the second rad I'll be adding in soon.

My eventual goal is to have QDCs on everything, to making switching out components easier.. The idea of just unplugging the QDCs, switch them from one component to the other, and then plugging in the new one is.. AWesome.

I also like the silver.

And while I'm proud of mine, it's nowhere near as beautiful as yours is.

@Kylesims
:cheers:
Thank you mate!

You did a fantastic job on yours as well:thup: I really like the silver tubing.

I agree on the QD they work awesome. Recommendation from GTXBauer. I didn't really need it as I could have just used a drain plug. Oh well.

Bah. Go big or go home. ^.^

My only complaint is that the UV light in mine doesn't work as I was expecting. The silver tube's supposed to glow blue under a uv light.

Ah well, I might run a dedicated UV light in it, to see how it looks with the blue light.. See if they clash to much. Cold cathodes are cheap, anyways.

xD I would, but those monitors don't have mounting holes on the back.

I'm actually going to design something out of wood when we get some nice weather here.. I'm thinking wood surfaces to hold the monitors up level with the middle peice. Wood will go under the middle peice as well, for drawers and such.

Then, I'm going to take the spines of the games they're sitting on currently, and decopage(Sp?) those onto the face of the 'shelves', so it looks like they're still sitting on games.

I've got a lot of Collector Editions games that would look pretty cool.

Edit: Actually, the only thing holding the outside monitor up is the fact that it's propped against the corner of my bookshelf right next to the desk.

love the new rig bro... awesome stuff... and yeah... um... that monitor setup looks like something i might do on the fly

(do not do what i might do... really... there can be a limit... or there should be... somewhere... to cutting corners)

don't risk em... get something a bit more... permanent.

Did a little more snooping in your pic. Couldn't help noticing the N52 :) how do you like it? I also own one and love it. I have it paired with the Mamba. Great combo.

@Conumdrum

Nice:thup: A lot of folks don't like it at first (takes time to get used to it) but then it's really comfy and I can play for hours. (If the wifey doesn't come storming in to help with something):rofl:

Back