• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Gaming Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and it's a great board! Though I was told by ASUS that it's built for reliability and is not a true "Enthusiast" board, but what do they know? :p

Can also take a look at the ASUS Crosshair V Formula but it's a bit more $$$.

I have the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and it's a great board! Though I was told by ASUS that it's built for reliability and is not a true "Enthusiast" board, but what do they know? :p

Can also take a look at the ASUS Crosshair V Formula but it's a bit more $$$.
The Sabertooth is as good of a board as the CHV without all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't recommend the CHV for anyone that isn't planning on pushing their chips to extremes, such as sub ambient benching.

Hello again!
So i managed to save some euros and I will go for this build:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
Swiftech H220 - with 2 eloop noiseblocker b12 - p (2000rpm)
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
Samsung 840 Evo SSD Series 120GB SATA3
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X OC 3GB GDDR5 (Rev.2.0)
Cooler Master 690-III

Corsair AX760 Modular 80 Plus Platinum
DDR3 8Gb (2x4Gb) Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 CL11 1.65V

I need yout help because i feel like the PSU is overkill but I don´t know wath is a good ~600 W good PSU the ram i really can´t decide between a 1600 cl 9 1.5V or the one above price is almost the same.

If you can give your opion i would apreciate.

Best Regards

I will probably buy another GPU in the end of the year

My OCZ ZT-750 is a great bang-for-the-buck PSU if you want to save some coin.
Check out Seasonic and the TX Corsair stuff too.

~750W is plenty for 2x280X and an 8350 though.

Nice!

Ty i will keep the psu because of second GPU and buy the ram you linked.

If i can get a stable 5.0 OC i will post :)

ty again

A 24/7 5GHz chip isn't common. I would expect at least 4.7 with your cooling though :thup:

I could get a super ultra imba chip :D

Yes my goal is 4.7 with luck 4.8 24/7.

Guys the swiftech h220 comes with 2 helix fans i will replace with 2 noiseblockers b12 p in push.

I feel like i am gona ask somethig stupid ... is it ok to go for a push/pull config since the elix will be stoped i know i will get really low improve but my question is it bad idea push/pull with diferent fans?

Back