• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HTPC showing "cropped" image on 1080P HDTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I just built a G3258/ASRock anniversary Z97 machine. I'm using the onboard video's HDMI out. On my screen, it looks like the edges have been cropped off, like the screen is zoomed in or something. I knew how to fix this with my GTX 580 but I don't know how to fix it with the Intel stuff. Somebody please help me. I want to enjoy my new toy.

As ATM's link points out, overscan is often the culprit. Also, though, make sure your TV isn't set to a 'zoom' mode or something similar. Most TV's nowadays have several formats and some automatically try to pick the best one based on the input.

TV won't display like a monitor. Pixel density is far lower than your typical monitor, so text will be fuzzy no matter what you do. Usually they have lower refresh rates as well.

1080P. It just seems blurry. Like as if it were another resolution masquerading as 1080P. Its at 1080P but I had to move the sliders to fix my overscan and now it doesn't look like I'm getting a true image.

If you have everything lined up and it looks blurry, then it sounds like the monitor isn't truly 1080p. What exact model do you have.

On a side note, I have heard using VGA works better than HDMI if you're using a TV.

On a side note, I have heard using VGA works better than HDMI if you're using a TV.

Need HDMI out for sound export to TV speakers. That was the whole point.

If you have everything lined up and it looks blurry, then it sounds like the monitor isn't truly 1080p. What exact model do you have.

Nope it's a 1080P 120Hz TV. It was $1200 a year ago.

Using AMD, you can choose from "HDTV" and "PC" options, make sure you have "pc" selected and not tv. Not sure what nvidia has for selections though.

Umm... Samsung 6200 or 6400 46" 2013

Using AMD, you can choose from "HDTV" and "PC" options, make sure you have "pc" selected and not tv. Not sure what nvidia has for selections though.

Not using AMD dude... Also not using NVidia. Using Integrated Intel HD Graphics.

Umm... Samsung 6200 or 6400 46" 2013

Not using AMD dude... Also not using NVidia. Using Integrated Intel HD Graphics.

Then use your big ole brain and see if something relevant is similar. Or use the 8 billion fixes on samsung tv's out there.

check ur refresh rate settings in windows and make sure its at 60 hz andn ot like 30 or 28 or something stupid.

Back