• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New killer OCZ copper mosphets/mem chips cooler!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man I wish these things could go on mosfets and such. I think the fins may fan out to far and there would be capacitors in the way tho :(

Freezermug said:
Man I wish these things could go on mosfets and such. I think the fins may fan out to far and there would be capacitors in the way tho :(

They bend. But I did see and mention that, they WILL go on mosfets!!! Or I shall make them!!! :D

Good to see companies expanding their cooling range. With tell-tale signs as the Abit IC7-MAX 3 mainboard with an extra fan and windtunnel for mosfets only, it's clear that cooling these little chips is not so excessive anymore.

I'm not so convinced about this particular product though- how are these fins attached to the base? It doesn't look like it is cut out of one piece, nor like an extrusion. The pre-applied thermal tape is not very convenient either, but that's a small point.
What is more important is that one could make better mosfet sinks for less money by sawing off small bits of a cpu heatsink. Often, these are one-piece designs, and they have high fins/pins so that you'll always have enough for smaller applications like this.

I can't really tell from the pic if the fins are skived, extruded or soldered on. I assumed theye were skived. I hope someone can find a better pic.

I'll call them today and i'll post their replay. I live in the area and they answer quickly after 10:30. I'm betting its only for one or two.

Mmmm....those OCZ sinks look suspiciously much like the ones from Revoltec, except that the fins aren't bend yet.
Also the size is slightly different: Revoltec 10x29x25 vs OCZ 9x27x27 (WxLxH).

On a German site the Revoltecs are shown with the fins bend...Listan.de.

Over here the Copper Revoltecs are €12.99 (8 pcs.) and Alum. Revoltecs are €8.99 (8 pcs.).

Today's currency: €12.99=14.65272 US Dollar and €8.99=10.14072 US Dollar.

BTW: The Revoltecs are made in Germany, so you might not be able to find them outside of Europe (Over here I only found one shop that had them).

Hahaha, SVC has already RUN OUT! These things sell like hotcakes. The person who i talked to over the phone doesn't even know how many come with the purchase. They did buy them localy so they won't be placing backorders on them. I'm going to call or give them an email tomorrow to see if he knows for sure.

CrashOveride said:
Btw, how is the pre-applied thermal tape not convineint?

Ah just a small quirk, but since I'd prefer thermal adhesive paste that has better heat transfer specs on paper, it's a pain to have to remove the tape first. Same if you want to lap the sinks first. Nitpicking, I know. :)

KILLorBE said:
Mmmm....those OCZ sinks look suspiciously much like the ones from Revoltec, except that the fins aren't bend yet.
Also the size is slightly different: Revoltec 10x29x25 vs OCZ 9x27x27 (WxLxH).

On a German site the Revoltecs are shown with the fins bend...Listan.de.

Over here the Copper Revoltecs are €12.99 (8 pcs.) and Alum. Revoltecs are €8.99 (8 pcs.).

Today's currency: €12.99=14.65272 US Dollar and €8.99=10.14072 US Dollar.

BTW: The Revoltecs are made in Germany, so you might not be able to find them outside of Europe (Over here I only found one shop that had them).

Hmmmmm...I bet they get them from the same place. Now the price that you are qouteing seems more like it. I would have no problem forking out $15 for 8 of these.

Hahaha, SVC has already RUN OUT! These things sell like hotcakes. The person who i talked to over the phone doesn't even know how many come with the purchase. They did buy them localy so they won't be placing backorders on them. I'm going to call or give them an email tomorrow to see if he knows for sure.

Dang....the fetsinks seem to be way popular.

They'll be cheaper elsewhere. Just give it some time. Places like Newegg, Googlegear, FrozenCPU or CrazyPC will have them cheaper after a while.

ConquereR said:
i have to recommend those microcool mosfet and ppl sinks. I ordered the microcool northpole cooling kit and im very satisfied

I was gonna get the microcool package but i found out its only designed for AMD NB's. :( tHeres no way to connect it on my Canterwood...except for epoxy...and that aint happnin.

krag said:

I was gonna get the microcool package but i found out its only designed for AMD NB's. :( tHeres no way to connect it on my Canterwood...except for epoxy...and that aint happnin.

You could make a clip/mounting bracket of sorts.

Might be kinda hard though.

Would you really need to take it off though?

Back