• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mechwarrior game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Same as the Firestarter then, 4/6 medium lasers, 2 ams to cover the heavies around you, slow but plenty or armor, fun all around :clap:

There are quite a few ECM capable mechs available to purchase with in game currency. Raven 3L, Spider 5D and one of the Atlas, I know for sure are. I'm quite certain there are others as well.

When you first start, you'll be in matches with people that are also relatively new to the game. Once you start winning, your ELO will go up, and that's when you'll start to get put in matches with better pilots. You won't see as many LRMs in the higher ELO groupings....direct fire weapons are always superior, and experienced players know how to stay in cover and avoid the LRM rain that plagues the lower ELO brackets.

Yeah i find the ranking system a bit dodgy though, been playing since beta (about 2y ago), have a ~3:1 win ratio, ~2:1 kill ratio and im still rank 4 :bang head

Yeah, I've been playing since closed beta. Still have my founders mechs.

I never did look to see how they were basing their ranks...didn't care. As long as I keep my K/D ratio above 2.5, and I'm helping my unit out when I can, that's all I really care about. lol

Looking at all the optimistic posts of in the beginning of this thread. They ruined the game from 4 onwards in my opinion apart from the graphics and maybe a little story-line and movies mechwarrior 3 was hands down the best for people who love the tactical side of the game. From 4 onward they made a game that was was easy to sell. Just like with battle front , they killed it after jedi academy making a easier nicer looking game.

Greetings!

It has been officially announced that Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries will now be releasing on December 10th 2019 exclusively on the Epic Games Store.
Community Pre-order pilots will be able to access the Closed Beta to access practice missions in November, prior to the game’s full launch.
https://mw5mercs.com/faq

Greetings!

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Interview – Campaign Length, Epic Games Partnership & More
Let's talk a bit about the campaign of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, since it is the main draw to the game after all. What's the overarching theme and what kind of foes can players expect to encounter?

As a Mercenaries title, the core is focused on building up your mercenary company. Starting with just two ‘Mechs and your DropShip in the wake of the destruction of your family’s mercenary company, you’ll be taking contracts with the various factions throughout the Inner Sphere in your journey to rebuild. Payouts, battlefield salvage, contract negotiations, combing the markets, and maintaining your stock of BattleMechs and MechWarriors are what the mercenary loop is all about. All the while you’ll have that thread of revenge to follow on the story side of the campaign.

The campaign begins in the year 3015 but will extend over the years and potentially decades depending on the pace of the players’ playthrough, and as that timeline advances, you’ll encounter new technologies and new ‘Mechs. With the salvage system, every ‘Mech you face becomes an opportunity to leave the battlefield with a significant reward.

You’ll also be facing off against an array of other enemy vehicles and turret defenses. Some are basically 'cannon fodder' to a fully-equipped BattleMech, but others are significant threats in their own right.
https://wccftech.com/mechwarrior-5-...-campaign-length-epic-games-partnership-more/

Back