• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi im new here and getting into overclocking and love pc gaming currently just adding to my pc as i come across the extra money got another motherboard laying round here somewhere as soon as i find the right place to post will be asking you guys some questions.

Thanks in Advance
knucklez1991

Hello All!
I started passively coming to this site some years now prior to an x58 build for OC observations. Lots and lots of great advise/experience here that worked for me. Thanks! Thought I'd get around to activating and saying hello, finally!
For gaming, I've OC'd everything from Pentium III forward, including water and Peliter cooling systems. Current system has been really stable but falls somewhat behind today's standards (x58, 980x, HC 580's in SLI, water). Finally hitting the limit on this 6yr old system in surround and 3D action and so am looking very much forward to perspectives on the best new hardware going forward.
Good to meet you all!
Rich

Nice to make your aquaintance, knucklez.
You're running in a pretty restrictive environment, so it will be hard to squeak much more out. I suppose the better approach is to think about what you have in mind to do over the next few years and what a comfortable budget would be to make it happen. Patience always reaps big rewards here because everything gets better for the same bucks, so wait as long as you can to make the major purchases. I find a lot of used equipment on ebay etc, and seldom buy anything at retail. That helps!
All the best!
Rich

:welcome: knucklez1991 to OCF Forums.

:welcome: Rich to OCF Forums and recycling of parts is a good idea!

Regards,

Ajay.

Nice to make your aquaintance, knucklez.
You're running in a pretty restrictive environment, so it will be hard to squeak much more out. I suppose the better approach is to think about what you have in mind to do over the next few years and what a comfortable budget would be to make it happen. Patience always reaps big rewards here because everything gets better for the same bucks, so wait as long as you can to make the major purchases. I find a lot of used equipment on ebay etc, and seldom buy anything at retail. That helps!
All the best!
Rich

Used equipment is nice and all but you don't get a warranty in 95% of cases unless it's from a really awesome company like EVGA that has a transferable warranty.
I don't buy used parts. I bought used RAM once but that was to upgrade a system that was already 4 years old and I didn't really care what happened to it very much.
JM2C.

WeLcOmE tO tHe FoRuMz!!

Hey Guys, just joined.

Building my first dedicated gaming rig this weekend (previously just light upgrades to pre-assembled systems). I'll either be posting in a blaze of glory or just in a blaze this Saturday.

Intel i5 4690k, 8Gb 2400Mhz CAS11 Memory, ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII OC, MSI Gaming 5 Mobo, Corsair CX750 PSU, Corsair H80i water loop and Corsair 230T Orange Case, remote controlled LED strips ;) I also got a Oculus Rift DK1!

I'll probably post here with more questions than answers, thanks in advance!!

Lurked for a bit as I detailed the configuration for my build, decided to join to get some advice on the final component.

Thanks for all the help I have found through lurking and thanks for all the help i get in the time to come.

(next upgrade project will be water cooling.)

Hey Guys, just joined.

Building my first dedicated gaming rig this weekend (previously just light upgrades to pre-assembled systems). I'll either be posting in a blaze of glory or just in a blaze this Saturday.

Intel i5 4690k, 8Gb 2400Mhz CAS11 Memory, ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII OC, MSI Gaming 5 Mobo, Corsair CX750 PSU, Corsair H80i water loop and Corsair 230T Orange Case, remote controlled LED strips ;) I also got a Oculus Rift DK1!

I'll probably post here with more questions than answers, thanks in advance!!

That's 2X4GB of RAM not 1X8GB right? Looks good. I would have gone with a 240-280mm AIO instead of the H80i but that'll still get you a decent overclock.
Get Euro Truck Simulator for your Occulus Rift. It's trippy. Cheap too. You'll want a wheel/pedals or at least an xbox controller.

Hi Guys, My name is Bo and i'm new to overclockers.com
My current Rig:
i7 4790k
h100i
ASrock Fatality killer z97
16gb hyper x Savage 2400mhz
gtx 970 Gigabyte G1
Samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd

Cant wait to meet new people and share the joy of overclocking.

Hey guys,

Took me a while to get here, but, I am now, interesting place (although I am sure my little problem wont get fixed haha), and, seems full of interesting stuff. Scottish rocker, hopefully get to speak to some people too :)

JJ

Back