• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome JJ! Scottish rocker you say? You're not related to this guy are you? I'd love to see him live.

Hello All...

I built my rig for light gaming but mostly for video editing... Overclocking seems very interesting... I started out on an Athlon II 645 quad core and used for a few years and decided it was time to upgrade... Im very happy with my build since going against the intel grain for editors and it allows me to do what I need and want... Last night I was playing starcraft 2 and see frame rates up to 76 in ultra settings and was able to edit some R3D files in half resolution without skipping and lag... Ive learned a lot from this board from lurking so I figured it was about time to make an account... Below is my build profile on partpicker.com

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8H6Qxr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8H6Qxr/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($137.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.98 @ OutletPC)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($6.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($175.85 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($116.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Silicon Power S70 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($95.89 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($131.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Seagate Pipeline HD 1TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card ($103.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($197.96 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Samsung S23C450D 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($191.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1506.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-20 11:32 EST-0500

Welcome to the forums Rellyrale!

I would HIGHLY recommend starting a build thread for your build if you're looking for advice. There's a few things in there that I feel are questionable.

Glad to have you aboard.

Hey all! I'm Len from Belgium. Was browsing these forums for about a month on my phone allready @ my work allready. And it was about time i signed up tot be a part of this community. Allot of helpfull and pro oc'ers here! Started to oc my rig like a week ago, ordered some new fan's for in my rig and for one on my thermalright true spirit power cause temps would go NUTS on my 4790k. We'll see how that is gonna work out! I'll post some screens later this week!

Hey all! I'm Len from Belgium. Was browsing these forums for about a month on my phone allready @ my work allready. And it was about time i signed up tot be a part of this community. Allot of helpfull and pro oc'ers here! Started to oc my rig like a week ago, ordered some new fan's for in my rig and for one on my thermalright true spirit power cause temps would go NUTS on my 4790k. We'll see how that is gonna work out! I'll post some screens later this week!

You spelled Adrenaline wrong :p
Welcome to the forums. That's a fantastic avatar.

First post and first time custom pc builder. Here for help, tips, and tricks.
:welcome: :D !! You came to the right place for that!
Going to post a build log? That'd get lots of attention here, we love build logs!

Hey Len! :welcome: to OCF! :D

lol, browsing at work :p

Hey 01010110011! :welcome to OCF! :D

Hehee tried to decode your username in a binary to text converter, but nothing came up, and I can't remember how to do it manually anymore LOL

Hello everyone! Been a member for a while, just never posted. Looking to get back into the hobby!

Last build was a 980x with Asus Rampage II Extreme. Was looking into the new z99 board setup, but may go with the z97 and a 4790k.

Back