• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello everybody! I browsed the forum looking for a new members section but couldn't find it at first, and posted my issue right away. Sorry for the mistake.

I'm here with a curious problem concerning my new system, hope I can solve it soon. Thanks for having me!

hey yall, searched all over the place (google) for my issue and seems like i found a fix here . hope it works and from the thread i read seems like it will.

Hi, my name is Carlos and I'm new to the community. I really love computers and building them for friends and family. I like to just chill and read the forums as a lurk, but now I have finally made an account lol. I hope to be an active member of this forums and to provide my input on things.

Hi, my name is Carlos and I'm new to the community. I really love computers and building them for friends and family. I like to just chill and read the forums as a lurk, but now I have finally made an account lol. I hope to be an active member of this forums and to provide my input on things.
:welcome: Carlos!

We love to hear about building rigs too. If you have a build log, definitely make a thread on it!!

Hello,

I found this forum because some time ago i made my first PC build and now im getting intrested in upgrading it and OC so i figured reading discussions on this forum might be helpful

Hello all. Long time lurker (since Athlon 1600XP+ days if not before.) Recently upgraded PC from a 10yr old S939 A64 x2 4200+ with 3GB DDR400 etc. to an i5 4690k. Overclocking has changed a bit in the last 9-10 yrs. :D I'm finding the 3 step guide to Haswell quite useful for cutting through the vast excess of options now available beyond voltage, multi and FSB that was old school O/Cing. There'll probably be a few daft questions coming in the near future.

Hey guys, my name is Steve. Looking to build my first computer, and really want a command center using 4 monitors (1 to monitor performance with rainmeter). Mainly looking to learn how to properly set up extra hard drives, want to learn how to start a server, and extend wifi ranges. Im hopefully going to purchase a house soon and would like to learn about making media stations to run Kodi in other rooms.

very noobish so sorry if i get annoying

Hello,

I found this forum because some time ago i made my first PC build and now im getting intrested in upgrading it and OC so i figured reading discussions on this forum might be helpful

Hello all. Long time lurker (since Athlon 1600XP+ days if not before.) Recently upgraded PC from a 10yr old S939 A64 x2 4200+ with 3GB DDR400 etc. to an i5 4690k. Overclocking has changed a bit in the last 9-10 yrs. :D I'm finding the 3 step guide to Haswell quite useful for cutting through the vast excess of options now available beyond voltage, multi and FSB that was old school O/Cing. There'll probably be a few daft questions coming in the near future.

Hey guys, my name is Steve. Looking to build my first computer, and really want a command center using 4 monitors (1 to monitor performance with rainmeter). Mainly looking to learn how to properly set up extra hard drives, want to learn how to start a server, and extend wifi ranges. Im hopefully going to purchase a house soon and would like to learn about making media stations to run Kodi in other rooms.

very noobish so sorry if i get annoying

:welcome: to OCF guys!
Overclocking has changed a fair amount yes, still fun either way :thup:

We all start somewhere Steve. 4 monitor setup? :drool:
I'd love to see a project log on that!

We all start somewhere Steve. 4 monitor setup? :drool:
I'd love to see a project log on that!

Thanks Silver_Pharaoh; i'll start a project log, found a case to start building in. I need to research my video cards in order to do the 4 monitor set up. I have no hardware set in stone at the moment, but will start building the PC now and upgrade monitors later (after i buy the house and get my office set up).

I do a lot of work with Teamviewer and have several software running at one time, multiple screens would make my life so much easier. Also would like to get into video editing which would also benefit. And of course i watch a lot of streaming video!

Thanks Silver_Pharaoh; i'll start a project log, found a case to start building in. I need to research my video cards in order to do the 4 monitor set up. I have no hardware set in stone at the moment, but will start building the PC now and upgrade monitors later (after i buy the house and get my office set up).

I do a lot of work with Teamviewer and have several software running at one time, multiple screens would make my life so much easier. Also would like to get into video editing which would also benefit. And of course i watch a lot of streaming video!

Sounds like fun!
AMD would give you an edge in video editing because of more cores vs Intel, but Intel is better in single threaded programs. Lots of decisions to make, but we're here to help :)

I found this forum because some time ago i made my first PC build and now im getting intrested in upgrading it and OC so i figured reading discussions on this forum might be helpful. I do seo for a living.

Hey Everybody! Same here. I also like recording music and my favorite instrument right now is the electric cello and ukulele.

This is Jay. Glad to join this community and looking forward to learn and share :)

Last edited:
Back