• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New memory for Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or Abit IC max 3??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
batboy said:
Stoner, I think he already has the 3.4 Northwood (if I'm reading the first post right).

I think the AI7 is one of the best Northwood overclocking mobos, but I would get the IC7 series or the Asus P4C800 series if you think you'll ever upgrade to a Prescott (the i875 chipsets have a little better power circuitry). But, with the 3.4C I would think your next upgrade will be the LGA775 platform.

I think you are right. AI7 seems ideal.

As for the upgrade issue, unless I upgrade very soon, (doubtful) then it will be to something not invented yet and 478 prescots wont be an issue.
Thanks for all your help Batboy!, and others, I will be back when I get the board and Ram.

Maninblack said:
I think you are right. AI7 seems ideal.

As for the upgrade issue, unless I upgrade very soon, (doubtful) then it will be to something not invented yet and 478 prescots wont be an issue.
Thanks for all your help Batboy!, and others, I will be back when I get the board and Ram.

Ok Im decided on the AI7.

There are some comments on PC3200 with 2225 timings, but people mention not being able to go ove 2.8v with Max 3,
Considering I have chosen the AIy which comes with higher ram voltages,

What would be the ideal ram for this board.

I am looking at.

Mainly OCZ memory, Im a tad confused as to EB or EL, or gold or platinum, or 3200, 3700 etc?
I would like to order some ram at the same time as the mobo.

OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR REVISION 2 CAS2. (out of stock at supplier) or
OCZ Dual Ch. 1GB PC3700 DDR GOLD Rev3 or
1GB OCZ PC-3700 2x512MB EB Dual Channel DDR or
Kingston HyperX 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC3500 (KHX3500AK2/1G) CAS2.0 or
Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC4000 Ballistix Dual Channel Kit

Back