• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Pc, lots of hesitation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Itachiii

Dont know if hesitation is the proper word tbh, but I'm towards a new build and I'm kind of confused and I could definetely need some help. Now, the list of the parts is this:

i5 4690k
Asus Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition
R9 270x Toxic or R9 280x around the same budget.
Geil Black Dragon 2x4gb 1600MHz
My old PSU CoolerMaster 1000W Silent Pro M2
BitFenix prodigy
Samsung 120GB EVO

Now this build is for gaming, Photoshoping and experimenting( gonna add custom loop later on) ,but for now all I care about is making the right decisions about the parts I'm gonna buy so that I dont get a lot off budget. The budget is around 650-700€. I find the CPU for 215€, the mobo for 165€. What's troubling me is the GPU, so much about the choise as well for the budget. I need a good GPU for like 200€.

Thanks in advance!

Welp I got the psu from my old rig, could consider getting a new one and I got the RAM as well. The rest, nope I haven't baught any..

280x is a good choice. I don't know where you live, but a friend of mine got a 290 (not x) for 250€.

I would buy a cheaper motherboard (Gigabyte Gaming 5, ASRock OC Formula, etc..) that should be around 130-140€ and get the 290

I live in Greece.. Now I would like to keep the uATX form so I would really appreciate uATX mobo suggestions :D . About the GPU, the cheapest 290 in Greece is around 280 - 300€, so a 290 is kinda off the question.. I know that the words "cheap" and "strong" for a gaming GPU cannot really exist in the same sentence but that's the main problem I got.

I live in Greece.. Now I would like to keep the uATX form so I would really appreciate uATX mobo suggestions :D . About the GPU, the cheapest 290 in Greece is around 280 - 300€, so a 290 is kinda off the question.. I know that the words "cheap" and "strong" for a gaming GPU cannot really exist in the same sentence but that's the main problem I got.

Those motherboard exists also in mATX format, but they are cheaper than the Asus.

I already got a Green 1.5TB so space is not the problem... What GPU would u suggest around 250 - 300 €?

Correction, I meant I wanna go for a mini-ITX build, so the Gryphon is not suiting my build anyway. So I'm currently searching for a mobo that will be able to leave me with some extra money to get a better GPU.. I'm searching at this very moment but anyone has any suggestions?

I like the Maximus VII impact and Z97-I personally but they are pricey. How much do you want to spend on the board? Can you link us to the Greek or European online retailer from which you will buy the parts? Not all parts are for sale in all regions and knowing whats available to you will help us..

That is the problem.. ITX is going to cost the same and leave one with less options...

the M7I and Z97-I are solid boards but cost MORE and we are trying to get this dude a better gaming GPU. Going up in cost will not help that cause.

Welp, I was thinking of going for the Prodigy since Fractal Design's mini-ITXs are a pain in the bum.. :p

I'm planning on going for a custom loop as well in the future

Also look at the ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac that I have in my signature.
+1 for the Hadron Air.

Looked at the Hadron Air but it costs like 180€ here! oO So I'm leaning a bit more to the Corsair or BitFenix..

Back