• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new psu for wc rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuzzy

Hey there guys, im almost ready to try my hand at watercooling. im wondering if i should get a new psu though. currently i have a truepower 430w. here's the rig that will need power:

p4 3.0c
asus p4p800
gig ocz 3500eb
ati x800pro
audigy 2 zs
wd 160gb sata
cd burner
fan controller
4 120mm fans

wc setup:

pump- eheim 1250
rad- not sure yet
cpu block- dtek white water
gpu block- dd maze 4

everything will be overclocked(ofcourse)

i know the pump consumes like 30w on it's own. what do you guys honestly think? don't just say " yea sure go for it, you can always use more power", or something like that. thanks.

well, after lookin further it turns out the 1250 does'nt run of your psu, but rather an exertnal cord. this is rather dissapointing in a way since i have yet to ppurchase a relay card. im not sure if i should use the 1250 with a relay card or go with a stronger psu and the swiftech mcp600. :eh?:

thanks for the responses guys. the eheim won't even be powered by my psu so there pretty much be any difference except for a stronge vid card then i ahve now and a few more fans. im pretty confident a new psu is not needed, i love this one. now i can't wait to get the setup going and crank up the p4 and x800. :attn:

you dont have to get a relay, i leave mine on all the time, since the true purpose of the pump is always on anayways.

yea, after reading more into it idecided against the relay. just gonna leave the pump on. should work well hopefully. what do you guys think of the eheim 1250/ dtek white water combo?

Back