• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig - How are my temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TotalMalice

Registered
Hey everyone,

I've been working on my new machine and have everything up and running and have been running some stress tests/benchmarks. I'm not an expert on a lot of this stuff yet so I wanted to get some feedback on my temps.

System Specs:

Core i5 2500k with a Hyper 212+ Cooler
2x MSi GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC Edition in SLi
16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1600
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Corsair 750W TX PSU
Coolermaster NV 690 II Advanced Nvidia Edition Case

I've cleared the cables away and behind the back panel to avoid obstructing airflow, and the fans in my case are the stock that come with the case.

1x140 / 1200 RPM (Top)
1x140 / 1200 RPM (Front)
1x120 Rear Fan

(Heaven DX11 Benchmark Max-Settings, 30 minutes), Same results with Crysis Very High Settings 1920x1080 8x AA

CPU Temp

Idle: 42 c
Load: 55 c

GPU Temp (MSi Afterburner)

GPU1 (Top Card)
Idle: 48 c
Load: 80 c

GPU 2 (Bottom Card)
Idle: 34 c
Load: 68 c

Now, to me this seems kind of high, but I could be wrong. I even went so far as to reapply thermal paste to the GPU's and CPU with Artic Silver 5, which didn't seem to have much effect.

So, is this safe/normal temps?

Take RealTemp and run 15 minutes of prime95 then tell us core temperatures in full load.

Your temps are fine, first VGA is a little bit hot but nothing to worry and it's somehow normal because it takes hot air from second card.

Thanks for the advice, I ran 15 minutes of Small FFT and monitored with RealTemp.

Core #1 reached 59 c
Core 0,2,3 all stayed around 52c-53c

Is that decent temps? I do plan to overclock the cpu in the future, which is why I bought the hyper 212+ cooler for it.

Very good temps. Your room temperature is?

BTW don't worry about Intel CPU's temperatures. Your CPU is build to work properly until 98°C then it will throttle/shutdown by itself.
As a rule of thumb keep distance to TJMax>20 (core temps ~78°C) in daily use and enjoy your rig.

I'm not really sure what my room temp is, I don't have anything to check it with :shrug:, buts its room temp, not warm, not cold.

As far as my GPU1 reaching upwards of 80 c, is this pretty safe as well? I have my fan set to 100% by 70c and it still rises, doesn't seem like it cools it down much :) And 2 card @ 100% fan speed is loud

Got up to 86c on the GPU, and 65 c on the i5, while playing Crysis today, with fan speed set to 100% after 70c, just kept rising and rising. Not sure why I can't get it to run cooler, I reapplied the thermal paste, and did some cable management to unobstruct airflow, but it's still getting pretty hot.

I read all the time people getting these temps with 50-70% fan speed, but 100%?

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my case. I don't have a way to measure room temp, but it's normally a normal comfortable room temp.

I'm definitely thinking it must be a airflow problem, because I've tried swapping the cards, and had the same results on the top GPU. There is 1 slot between the two cards. I have a 3rd bottom PCI-E slot, but won't be able to put the bottom card there because of the PSU.

Also hitting 65 c on my PCU with a Hyper 212+ and Artic Silver TIM seems high to me. When I put my hand on my hyper 212+ Heatsink, it's not even warm, Idling around 43 c

My GPU fans are set to 100% from 70 c on.

I can't mount a side fan in this case either to help out the GPU's directly.

This is my case, http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3018.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/upload/product/3018/feature2.jpg

photo%20%281%29.JPG

photo.JPG

photo%20%282%29.JPG

Last edited:
Back