• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to this, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Problem with video card at 3.6g. The computer locks up when loading windows with a BSOD saying that I should do a memory test and or try a other video card. Dont know what Happen, everything worked great for a while and its only after I tried to go at 3.8g when everything crashed. I've read that the P5AD2 Premium didnt like my ram at 600mhz or 3:4 so I keeped it at 450 (1:1). Theres no problem when I boot in safe mode.

Now for the Video card, I cant really pinpoint the problem. I've set the PCIX frequence at 100mhz, to auto then slowly raising the frequency 'til I reach 110. Nothing worked. Sometime I can get in windows for 1 or 2 min then it crash. I've reinstalled the drivers with no luck.

Here my specs in the bios:

CPU frequency: 225
DRAM frequency:450
PCI X :100
PCI:33.33
MVolt:auto
Vcore:1.4125v

The only setting that is stable is at 221 x 16. I also set the PEG setting to slow for default setting of the video card. Tried to find anything similar in the forum but nothing. :shrug:

Im lost.....

Last edited:
Back