• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nothv13

Being new to this all, I have did quite a fair share of research so far and come up with what I understand as a fairly standard two block setup. I just have a few question or concerns about some parts I'm looking at.

CPU: Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme with i7 kit
GPU: D-Tek FuZion GFX2 with unisink for the 200 series Nvidia
RES: Danger Den Dual 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
RAD: Black Ice GTS 360 or Swiftech MCR320-QP
FAN: 3x Yate Lune medium speed fans
PUMP: MCP355 with XSPC Top, D-5, or DD-CPX-Pro
Tubing: Tygon 7/16 ID

Now My questions are mainly about my RAD and pump choices. For the pumps obviously the MCP355 and D-5 are more expensive and considered some of the top dogs, but what are some opinion of the DD-CPX-Pro? From what I've read it's quiet and actually has more head pressure (lower flow rate though) than the D-5, but there really isn't much info out there on it that I could find. My big concern is just flow rate and head loss from the two blocks (as they are both said to be restrictive) and from the radiator.

The Rads, I'm just flat out curious as to which is better and would cool a two block set-up better.

Last edited:
Back