• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New XP2500M System Crashes lots!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Col_Loki said:
Well if prime95 ran for 24hours then your CPU / FSB / RAM / COOLING / PSU is pretty much rock solid and you have nothing to worry about. If one of them is dodgy or over stressed then Prime95 will root it out for you .

Buggy software, weve all had it and you will find once windows has had one "windows has recovered from a critical error" it will throw up alot more just for the crack.......

Anyway looks like your fine to start overclocking............ read the guides and know what to watch. Good Luck anyway.

That's not always true in my experience. Windows XP and Windows 2000 are more likely to crash with an unstable overclock than Windows 98, because Windows XP and Windows 2000 seem to stress the system more than Windows 98 when doing the same things. Also, I made a list of stability problem severity stages:

1. Prime95 fails

2. Windows crashes when running a lot of things

3. Windows crashes randomly when idle and you may get application crashes with small applications.

4. Can't even install Windows, because the Windows installation process will fail.

5. POST failure.

i have the same mobo and am currently @ 215*11.5
anything too much over 200 requires extra NB voltage.
however @ 200 had no issues. this board however, does run hot, MUCH hotter with higher FSB. whats your PWM temp? i ended up having to put ramsinks on my mosfets, they were flaming.

EDIT: nevermind you have an asus dont ya

Set your Vcore higher than what it is. Your chip may just need more power, when I am booting into Linux when messing with my clock speed if it crashes I just up the Vcore and then it is solved. If I remember to do 2 gigs I needed exactly 1.6 Vcore, but your chip may be different try 1.625 or 1.65. I am running at 2400 right now with a Vcore of 1.775, keep an eye on your temps with MBM5 or something right after you boot setting the Vcore higher obviously will heat it up. I would say if you have to go past 1.65 Vcore for 2 gigs, you have a bum chip. At which point since you can't RMA it to Newegg you will just have to see what you can do. If you have proper cooling though you should be able to get to 2.4 gigs anyway. Of course, I am a bumbling newbie, but after messing with this chip for a few days I would think I would know kinda what I am doing.

Back