• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New XSPC Dual Bay D5 Issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Disregard, I thought this was talking about the 750 pump.

Last edited:
Common problem indeed... today... after 3 months of use it started leaking... not very happy about it... glad I didn't throw my H100 away, so I'll be using that until I get a replacement.

20130407_174016_zpsb097f8bb.jpg:original

Probably a bad batch.... Just checked mine today and still holding up after 3 months......

Common problem indeed... today... after 3 months of use it started leaking... not very happy about it... glad I didn't throw my H100 away, so I'll be using that until I get a replacement.

20130407_174016_zpsb097f8bb.jpg:original

Luis_GT-
Your photo loaded really large and my first thought was 'Holy giant photo Batman!' but it made it easy to see that it looks like it's cracked as well, vertically, going down about half way. Mine warped up exactly like that.

Only part of the molding... The top is rather weak, especially for the amount of pressure it's subjected from the pump...

Checked my res again yesterday, reached in and ran my finger along that joint, had some red marks on my finger from my coolant...

Really came to my attention the other day when i booted my computer up after being off all night, and there was a lot of bubbles in the lines. Think I'm just going to grab something like a hot glue gun and just seal that joint up so that i can make it back home after college gets out for the summer, and eventually get a new res for my rig

Wow this reservoir seems more problematic and not so trustworthy. I would scrap this reservoir after only reading a few bad posts about it. It seems too risky to find out if you have a bad batch or not or it could be a bad engineering design.

From what ive seen it appears to be a poor design. The top is simply not rigid enough when heated. On my AMD systems which require the temps to be lower I haven't had to much trouble with these reservoirs. I noticed that they used super glue or something along the front edge where it developed a leak.

yeah, I'm setting up a post cpu rad, since I have a switch 240 QP laying around to lower the temps on the res water. Still waiting on my replacement from sidewinder though...

Argh!

Really.. dang I thought for sure mine was going to be a.ok spoke to soon. Looks like I'm also a victim of the warp batch. From what I have been reading all over the W.W.W the acrylic type is a better design as it's one piece unlike this design.

Going w/this one next. Hopefully this one will do the trick.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Light_-_Clear_Silver_Black.html?tl=g30c97s168

*Edit
Not leaking yet.. but I'm sure it's just a matter of time and I for one won't wait around for that to happen. I stuffed a few paper towels under there for now.

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 59
@Conumdrum

Good stuff right there. Awesome Linkie! I need a D5 combo res/pump as I don't have the room in my case.... Highly interested.

I really hope they can have something soon.

PM'd BoxGods

:salute:

I think when i replace my d5 res, i'm going to avoid the bay style res, dont seem to be the best design overall, however i will not deny that they are a lot more convenient to mount.

Don't say this, I literally just ordered my XSPC RX360 kit this past weekend and got it yesterday and set it up, temps are nice and no leaks... Yet I do see a hint of red at the top back side of the bayres..... Don't make me paranoid, plz don't jinx it!

From the pic above ^, mine doesn't seem to be buldging like that.. I see a tint of red, but the top looks level

Last edited:
^+10k :bday:

It may or may not happen. As Cond. stated keep an eye on it. Mine was sealed tight and looked good from day 1. Fast forward and not looking so Hot anymore:mad:

Edit: @ sobe- great kit BTW minus the Res. Post pics..

Back