• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New XSPC Dual Bay D5 Issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would point out that I do have two of these that have not failed that were purchased at the same time. Not all of these are going to fail in this manner but IMO the odds are a little to high for me to continue to recommend the reservoir. The price is right, and the form factor is good, but until this issue is addressed by the manufacturer I would be hesitant in buying any more of these.

^+10k :bday:

It may or may not happen. As Cond. stated keep an eye on it. Mine was sealed tight and looked good from day 1. Fast forward and not looking so Hot anymore:mad:

Edit: @ sobe- great kit BTW minus the Res. Post pics..

Keep in mind, my first venture into a custom loop. Here's a piccie, but plz keep in mind, I know the tubing could be nicer, but first timer here :p (I kept just enough slack in tubing to pull res just enough out of bay to fill, thus the slack)

Attachments

• 20130417_175616.jpg
    20130417_175616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20130417_175601.jpg
    20130417_175601.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 59
  • wc1.jpg
    wc1.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 55
Sorry, I meant for you to create a new thread w/pics. However it looks good! I'm a big fan of white.

Nice stats on the rig.

Sorry OP

Keep in mind, my first venture into a custom loop. Here's a piccie, but plz keep in mind, I know the tubing could be nicer, but first timer here :p (I kept just enough slack in tubing to pull res just enough out of bay to fill, thus the slack)

Don't say this, I literally just ordered my XSPC RX360 kit this past weekend and got it yesterday and set it up, temps are nice and no leaks... Yet I do see a hint of red at the top back side of the bayres..... Don't make me paranoid, plz don't jinx it!

From the pic above ^, mine doesn't seem to be buldging like that.. I see a tint of red, but the top looks level
Doesn't the rx360 kit use a different res than the d5? I'm also looking at picking up an xspc kit, to me (again I could be wrong, I'm just now starting to get into h2o) it looks like only the ax360/240 kits have the d5 res. your rx360 is an x20 750 combo. Am I wrong?

Doesn't the rx360 kit use a different res than the d5? I'm also looking at picking up an xspc kit, to me (again I could be wrong, I'm just now starting to get into h2o) it looks like only the ax360/240 kits have the d5 res. your rx360 is an x20 750 combo. Am I wrong?

I have actually heard they improved their 750 v4 setup, however, no, I have the d5 res. The rx360 w/d5 is the one going for $299.

With this being said, I did research as far as the xspc kits go and the rx360 seemed the most recommended in part due to the rad's thickness and low fpi. While I am new to wc, just from my brief experience so far I couldnt ask for more from it

Do they allow you to switch parts within a kit, for instance the rx240 x20 750 kit with a different res? I dont really want a bay res.

Sorry I guess this is slightly off topic

They also have swiftech kits that are reasonably priced with one of the best pumps out there with their great new fans and top tier waterblock. Only thing it lacks is a reservoir but you can also add to it and grab one of their new reservoirs with the pump installed.

[Edit]: off-topic, let's not thread crap anymore than we already have

Back