• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newb can't decide! Halp!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CtV

Registered
NZXT Zero vs Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evolution.

I have been planning on building a new comp for over a year now, and back in February I was just about to start buying the parts but then, issues arose preventing me from being able to do so.

Now, I want to try again but I wanted to get you peoples two bits on this. I read these forums alot, granted I don't post, and wanted to ask...

Should I go with the more expensive Cooler Master case (about 200$, or should I just go with the Zero(about 120$)?

I want to build a high end gaming rig in a full tower, I will eventually overclock it. I picked up the Everest program to help me keep an eye on temps.

I am building on an EXTREME budget (think cigarette money here, about 30$ a week to spare) but I really need to upgrade my computer, and I need a solid foundation to work with.

Help me decide? Pwease? :confused:

The new Cooler Master HAF 932 is now being released in the US. It looks to be a great option at a great price. $160US is nice for a good full tower. It has lots of nice features and looks to be a great case for both aircooling and watercooling. clicky clicky

Axis

Spot on.... Personally the only CM case's I like the look of right now are the RC690 and my RC334. For features and its small size (plus low cost) I went with the RC334. Was pleasantly surprised at how good the case is for just $29. Better than my old Antec 660AMG which cost me $180 back in the day.....

Many others would probably find these cases boring/unimaginative but hey, thats their opinion. I like simple looking/understated cases.

I actually enjoy the look.

It looks functional ^^

It is VERY functional. Mine arrived on my doorstep today from Directron for $140+$20 shipping, same as NewEggs price on the case alone. My BIX III fits like a charm in the top as well. I'll post up some pics of the build when I get all my WCing hardware.

Axis

It is VERY functional. Mine arrived on my doorstep today from Directron for $140+$20 shipping, same as NewEggs price on the case alone. My BIX III fits like a charm in the top as well. I'll post up some pics of the build when I get all my WCing hardware.

Axis

Sounds good, I'd like to see some non-promo pics of this baby.

I just got 1800$ but I wont be able to spend much of it (might slide by with the case though) so I'm pretty much dead set on owning this beauty now.

Thanks for letting me know about it ^^

Sounds good, I'd like to see some non-promo pics of this baby.

I just got 1800$ but I wont be able to spend much of it (might slide by with the case though) so I'm pretty much dead set on owning this beauty now.

Thanks for letting me know about it ^^

Here are some very nice review pics. I couldn't do any better and these pretty much show everything you'd want to see.

Axis

$160 is an oustanding price.
I'll be on the prowl for one of these:cool:

I like 'em functional and looking like they mean business.

$160 is an oustanding price.
I'll be on the prowl for one of these:cool:

I like 'em functional and looking like they mean business.

Directron.com would probably be your best bet as it's in Houston and shipping won't be bad at all. They do allow pickup if you wanted to drive there, that would save you shipping, if it's not that far. They must have had a mad rush on them as the intial shippment sold out fairly quickly and now they are back up to $160.

Axis

Looks nice but its gonna get very dusty

Most likely true, but I have an air compressor to take that nasty dust out of it's place, a vacuum to get it out of the carpet, and a relatively clean (if somewhat cluttered) and dust free room to keep my computers in, not to mention it's always nice and cool in there.

Back