• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg Pocketing Extra Shipping Costs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know, they eat it with shipping prices often enough. I don't really care. They charge way less for shipping than most other places do.

Hmm, newegg has shipping cheaper than overnite? Last time I ordered something a few weeks ago overnite was the cheapest.

you gotta be crazy to blame newegg, every company does this. i just bought car speakers and it was the same price as the item(7-14 day ground) as it was to ship the item, i know cause it was three different boxes. they still got to my house and were cheap as hell, so are the ways of an internet shopper....

newegg has defiantly changed, ever since that homepage theyve never been the same to me.

i just bought a 5600+ and a tv card. on the 5600+ they had free shipping when I checked out they wanted to charge me 5 bucks to ship it. i talked with there customer service and they gave me a 5.00 credit.

the tv card i ordered was shipped on the 11th or 12th. I payed for 2 day shipping and still have not got it.
I know for a fact they are doing it.
I also bought a mobo and it took they bout a week for it to get here.

I just go down to my local computer store when ever i'm in my home town and buy stuff there. I pay about 10.00-30.00 bucks extra but when you figure in the cost of shipping, if its a bad part and needs to be RMA, it comes out to be bout the same.

example. i bought some DDR2 for 130.00 new egg wants 100.00 plus shipping. i payed 25 or so more but go it that day and if it was bad could of taken it back and got a working product with out the cost of a RMA.

i just bought a 5600+ and a tv card. on the 5600+ they had free shipping when I checked out they wanted to charge me 5 bucks to ship it. i talked with there customer service and they gave me a 5.00 credit.

the tv card i ordered was shipped on the 11th or 12th. I payed for 2 day shipping and still have not got it.
I know for a fact they are doing it.
I also bought a mobo and it took they bout a week for it to get here.

I just go down to my local computer store when ever i'm in my home town and buy stuff there. I pay about 10.00-30.00 bucks extra but when you figure in the cost of shipping, if its a bad part and needs to be RMA, it comes out to be bout the same.

example. i bought some DDR2 for 130.00 new egg wants 100.00 plus shipping. i payed 25 or so more but go it that day and if it was bad could of taken it back and got a working product with out the cost of a RMA.

UPS doesnt deliver on weekends. And.. yeah sometimes local is better.. but the deals on the egg are hard to beat sometimes. Like the board I got (in sig) was 70 on there and locally I would have ahd to pay 140 bucks for a generic PC chips one...

I've had nothing but great service from Newegg, both from ordering and returning/rmaing things (The few times I've done it). I can't really say that about any other company off hand.

Sorry to inform you this, but EVERY company does this. $8 shipping for a SODIMM, I don't think so...... $8 shipping for a watch band, not in a million years.

I've not had issue with Newegg myself but.... The market place has a reputation for being a bit wonky and perhaps too many sellers who are not fully vetted. Newegg has also garnered a lot of bad press. Whether real or not, whether thier fault or not. PR dictates that they have to invest to stay ahead of the bad feelings in order to protect thier market image. Companies who stay on top of issues like this come through faster and in better shape. Those who do not fix reputations, take longer to recover and/or fail in the long term.

Back