• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf3 bios help needed badly.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i just switched over from chaintech vnf3 to the nf3 dfi.

but for the life of me i cant oc it as the bios just laughs at my attempts.
ive read the nf3 guide but alas im still stuck.

i can tell you what i need and you can just translate it to what goes where.
im running stock speeds no issues and all parts are previously tested.
i dont want max tweaks i just want a basic oc so i can actually see what does what.
these were my old settings kinda lower tho as i wanna start out below what i know i can do.
2.5ghz 8x multi and no lower choices as its a sempron 754.
3xhtt 300fsb on the cpu
1.5vcore
2.6vdimm
ram should be on a 133 devider so i end up at 200 2.0-2-2-5

so far i like the mobo but sure ill grow to love it once i get past this confusing bios.

as i said i read it with no help.
but seems as i was reading in a review the stock bios may be the culpit.
gonna snag jess's beat and try it.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60783&highlight=nf3+beta+bios
i downloaded the second link.

mabey there is an issue you cant oc while useing sata raid? i know its a long shot but i cant figure out wth is going on.

oced at almost anything over stock either nets me a no-boot or a screen lock during boot.

Last edited:
ok ive tracked the issue down,i thought i had my bios settings somewhat correct but it seems i cant oc the mobo and use sata raid0

anyone know a way around that in the bios or am i stuck with ide raid?

i was able to boot into windows off my ide drive while oced so this is prooving my theory.

ColtIce said:
which SATA ports are you using?I remember reading somewhere that only one set was good for overclocking.
yup thats exactly right,i just found a post about it.
seems sata ports 1-2 have htt issues.
useing 3-4 im all good so far upto 250 so far but i suspect higher should be fine.
whew,im glad too i wasnt looking into reconfiguring it all in the case.

5/4 beta i think.
i have 4v option in bios as ill be adjust my psu later today.
interleaving is enabled here also.
so many options in the bios this will take forever to get it all down and set right.

ColtIce said:
what ram?here is a list of the ram settings for my OCZ gold"BH-5" 1:1,1t,1.5,2,5,2,9,12,2,2,2,4,3120,1,E,IS,255,L1,7ns,5ns,16clk,E,16x,7x,D that's in order.
cool that should work for my bh5 UTT,ill be testing it later today also.
atm im useing ocz rev2 tcc5 its doing well but not sure the vdimm is responding correctly to bios input.
seems i get 1.57vdimm not matter what i set bios too.

"edit" seems its just a mbm5 flaw not reading it right.bios seems to show it correctly when adjusting it.

Last edited:
Well my DFI nF3 board came with the original bios, and im having some temp touble. I have a 3400+ Newcastle and im using a Thermaltake Venus 12 and AS5 thermal compound to cool it. Needless to say this was my first time to use AS5, and i used to much the first two times, and now my temps seem much better. What is getting me is that a thermal sensor i have placed near the center of the heatsink, under the reteion bracket reads 31c idle and 36c full load, but the mobo sensors say 41c idle and 57c full load. BTW temps with fan at 3000rpmI noticed that a 9/12/04 beta bios fixes temp issues. I want to upgrade to the latest bios from DFI 5/4/05 , but im at a loss here. I have downloaded the dimond flash image from dfi's website, but i dont trust my floppy drive since i had to fix it and it was brand new. It had to much lubricant around the spindle that moves the read/write head. I have noticed that Jess1313 recomends using winflash, but even after reading the help im still abit lost on what to do. Does the program dowload the newest bios, or do you have to and then specify to use it? I just need some help with this cause i dont want to screw nothing up.

Back