• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Rev. 2.0 & SLK-947U ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

Acccording to ThermalRight's website the rev 2.0 and the 947U are not compatable. I find this dissapointing and a little hard to belive. Does anyone around here have a 947U and a rev 2 running? Why are they not listed as compatable?

I just installed a 947-u on a nf7-s rev. 2 on friday. The plant that holds the hs down runs into the cap's. For some people, it barely touches them. So no modding is needed. But for me, one of the caps was on crooked, so I just sanded down the side of the plate with a dremel. It was REALLY easy. Also, it's good to cut off the lower right edge of the x-plate on back. It will get in the way of one of the standoff's.

Just make suer you don't mess up the mouning hole when cutting or sanding. The outside ones SHOULD be for intel, so you won't need them. Just make sure your not cutting/sanding too far.

But it was REALLY easy and works like a charm :) One thing I didn't do is install those pads. Is that nes? I missed it in the instructings, lol

awesome. since i dont have a dremel, will sand paper work or did it take some pretty hard-core sanding?

those pads help stabilize the heatsink- that's a pretty hefty heatsink and the pads won't hurt, only help

Yea, I just forgot to put them on. It didn't come with ANY instructions, so I just glanced through the ones on the net. I didn't see those pads. My sp-97 didn't come with any pads, so I'm hopeing it'll be ok.

You can sand down the bottom of the heatsink plate. That only needed a little sanding. I didn't measure how much of the x-plate you needed to cut off, I just cut off a good chuck to make sure :)

If you have a drill though, I'd get a sanding drum (2-5 bucks i believe) and a arbor for the drum, of course, and sand it down like that. Depending on ur caps, you might need to sand down a lot (1/32" probally).

Back