• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice RGB case fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally can't say I've ever noticed a difference, or heard of anyone that noticed a difference between actually putting 140mm fans into 140mm capable mounts, or putting 120mm fans into those mounts as well. I've heard a lot of good things about how the ML fans from Corsair are a bit better for noise and bearing longevity, though, so it could be worth your while to look into those. They have RGB versions as well.

The 140mm fans will push a little more air than the 120mm's plus the added benefit of being slightly quieter make them excellent choices for case fans.

my ml 120s and 140s are solid. the 120s are loud but they really push alot of air at full steam (going thru an xspc rx 360 rad)i run them at 75% thru bios via a splitty9 fan hub and they are audible but not loud at all. the ml 140s are as quiet as a mouse but dont move very much air(hand test thru a sr2 420 rad) compared to the 120s. i run mine at 100% but they are virtually silent. so if your looking for fans that really push alot of air and your either A- going to slow them down via mb or controller or B- run them full blast with no concern for noise these are the ones. if you want silence and dont need to move a ton of air the 140s are solid. they both look great in any of the rgb variations the software offers. the corsair software is easy to use and lets you set them up in a million different ways.

Ended up getting 2 of the 3 packs of the ml120 fans and the commander pro fan controller

Back