• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nightmare OC of i5 4670K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That said on really really cold water mine 4770k has done 5250 mhz.

I wasn't going for anything quite that intense, as far a speed is concerned...but I really "REALLY" wanted at least 4.5 out of it...

...better luck next time I suppose.

Although still, if anybody has suggestions for settings adjustments to try out, I'm all ears.

NOTE: As for cooling, my case doesn't help a great deal in that regard. I build inside a Prodigy M (White) - so airflow is weird to begin with which is why I went with liquid. From what I can tell, it does a great job given its orientation inside the machine and the odd airflow system of the machine. Intake is from the top, RAD is hooked to the rear exhaust set to pull. Exhaust is though the bottom. Ambient room temp is typically never higher than about 23C - idle of the machine is fine at 26-31C. obviously, gaming/other activities rarely push the CPU temp past 65C

Yes... I'm kind of disappointed by Haswell's "Arch" overclock capability. It seems like with Haswell there is a greater prevalence of "below average" to "average" clockers out there then with previous generation(s) "IB" and "SB".

I'm kind of hopeful that Intel's upcoming Devil's Canyon and Broadwell cpu(s) will do better than Haswell in this regard.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744761

I wasn't going for anything quite that intense, as far a speed is concerned...but I really "REALLY" wanted at least 4.5 out of it...
I know what you're saying and sorry it what I said was a bit off track, I know how you feel about getting higher OC's. I wish I could get more out of mine for 24/7 OC's but it's just the nature of the beast. It's still a damn good chip!

I know what you're saying and sorry it what I said was a bit off track, I know how you feel about getting higher OC's. I wish I could get more out of mine for 24/7 OC's but it's just the nature of the beast. It's still a damn good chip!

I hear ya. I could certainly get higher clocks out of it - just don't have good-enough cooling to support it; sadly. It's a fantastic chip and still benches fantastic - just set my initial expectations higher... Ahh well

Back