• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Budget Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay-718

Registered
Hey everyone.

I been meaning to watercool my rig and I think now its the time to step it up. Hope someone can shine some light and help with the build. Dont really have a budget in mind, so anything goes. Theme colors are Red/Black with a bit of gold.

Here is my build
Towel/Case= Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
MotherBoard= ASRock X79 Extreme11
CPU= Intel Core i7-3930K
CPU Coolant= Corsair H100
Video Card= EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4gb X2 (SLI)
Memory= G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 64GB DDR3
Power Supply= SeaSonic 1250W ATX12V
Fan Controller= Aero cool strike-x Touchscreen
HDD= Intel 520 Series Cherryville 240GBX2 (RAID)
OS= Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit

64112_372074672907736_286649489_n.png

I do plan on getting 2 GTX Titan Blacks (oc).

Any help is much appreciated :) I'll continue to post the build on here.

welcome :)

so you mean you have a no limit budget to cool your pc?

curious also if you've yet to WC your PC then whats the photo? just an approximate vision of how youd like it?

Thanks..

Yup no limit. Work hard, play harder lol

The Photo is my current rig just a visual with what im working with.

Looking to build something like this..

10.JPG

tip. go to user control panel on the forum and put a detailed list of your PC components.
makes it much easier for people to relate to your specific situation.
also have half hour reading the stickies in water cooling section to get you up to speed.

we want you to succeed without any expensive "all blowed up" scenarios.... even if you can afford it (laughs)

I assure you the enthusiasts will surface gulp air and type there little fingers off in assistance ;)

Part list is posted ontop.. looking for the section in the control panel to post my specs. Going to read up on the stickies right now..

Thanks for the help so far.

Welcome to OCFs!

If you haven't already take a look at these stickies. Once you're done with those, have a field day with these linked at the bottom. :p

Martinsliquidlab
SkinneeLabs

Don't rush this so take your time whether its takes days to weeks if not months. Get back to us once you're ready. :salute:

note. I shall retire to the background now. because i`m not up to speed on latest products (I don't WC any more)
and my locality is the uk. so my purchase sources are not relevant to most forum goers.

pace yourself and enjoy as Mr GTXJackBauer suggests :)

hey jay,

are you planning to stick with that case? are you planning to replace those GPUs?

what is your goal, decent cooling, no noise cooling, low delta, extreme overclock?

you didn't mention what you're currently running your GPU/CPU at.... like you know, your overclock.

Hi dtrunk

I was thinking of picking up the 900D but not sure yet.. depending on how this project goes ill consider it.

I will be picking up 2 GTX Titan blacks *** soon as I sell my bike.

Noise is not much of an issue as I game with my headphones 95% of the time. Besides looking badass lol its mostly for cooling. Cpu is running at 3.7ghz and gpu's arent currently oc'ed. I would like to hit 5ghz if possible.

Hi dtrunk

I was thinking of picking up the 900D but not sure yet.. depending on how this project goes ill consider it.

I will be picking up 2 GTX Titan blacks *** soon as I sell my bike.

Noise is not much of an issue as I game with my headphones 95% of the time. Besides looking badass lol its mostly for cooling. Cpu is running at 3.7ghz and gpu's arent currently oc'ed. I would like to hit 5ghz if possible.

If you're not using the Titan Blacks for computing power than I would not buy them. They are hybrid cards for gaming and computing. No point if you're only using them just for gaming. I would look at the GTX 780Ti 6GB once it comes out. What resolution are you aiming for?

A 900D case is great for sli/xfire users who go on water. Enough rad space to fill it up and cool anything you throw at it. With the right type of rads and fans you will have a nice quiet build whether you have your headphones on or not.

kill4cash-profile_banner-751a334fbf857a1e-480.jpeg

This is an old pic. I have added a 19" on top for now and my wacom lcd tablet on the bottom. The other 3 are 40" lcd's..As far as the GTX Titan blacks, aside from gaming..Im an artist so I often need the extra power for rendering. Level design aka map making, dabble in 3d animation, and video processing. I stream on twitch and always aim to offer the best possible quality. Im open to all suggestions.

I have been in love with the 900D since release. Ill see if I can sell this case first.

Last edited:
Yeah, 800D arn't the best cases if you're going more than a 120.3 and CPU + GPU loop. I have one and changed to a 900D. Day n night difference.

Nice setup you got there. 40"? Sheesh those would be too big for me at that close proximity.

As for the Titan Blacks, if you're going to be using Dual Precision than by all means go for it otherwise you can get cuda power with any other GPU as well. 780Ti is basically a Titan without DP. I am not too familiar with what uses DP but me thinks CAD and the likes do and possibly rendering. Basically what a more expensive Quadro does than this can as well.

I like EK blocks. I have two 780TI EK blocks and a Asus Rampage IV black motherboard block. I'm trying to use SS phase on my CPU but the phase change is having issues now that I'm trying to workout with Lil Devil. I used to stick with DangerDen GPU blocks, but sadly, they are gone now. I like the XPSC RX series rads. I stick with the RX. For pumps, I have dual MCP35X. 7/16 x 5/8 tubing and compression fittings.

The GPU blocks are 125-140 each. Motherboard blocks around the same. Good CPU block 70-100. Rad 100-125, 360 to 480. Pump 80-100. Res, to fit choice pump 50, tubing 10ft Tygon 25, compresson fittings 6+ each. Water 1.00. Silver coil 10.

Your example looks great, but the connections are too tight for me. There's no room to move the tubing if you need to. I leave mine looser so that I can move it around. It's not like it makes much of a difference. This setup, with a res, used 40 oz. of liquid.

25evcb6.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
@GTXJackBauer Thanks, the screens arent too bad at 4-5ft away. You get used to it. Ill put up the tower on Craigslist and see if I can get it sold and pick up the 900D.

@gkline yes rads will be internal. So far im thinking of a 2 rad set up. 1 for cpu the other for gpu.

@Daddyjaxx thanks for posting ur set up with parts used.

Change of plans.. Still going to water/liquid cool. Just not in a 900D

I picked up this table for $50 and want to mod it to have the PC built on top covered by a plexiglass. :attn:

Going to do some research and work on a design.

I know it says no budget but I think $1000(usd) shoudl be more then enough.... I think lol.. I want nothing but the best parts.

10339671_10152116776487194_5648814260938041870_n.jpg

Came up with a basic design last night for the desk. The desk is 23" × 54" .
I tried my best to scale everything to size.. you can use the 200mm reservoir as a size guide.

desk%20prototype.png

Back