• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Budget Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm using a Mo-Ra sounds interesting...

No fun using something premade jack lol

Is it ok to redirect my AC into the radiator?

Whenever you go below the dew point in watercooling you risk condensation. Condensation equals moisture dripping from the tubing. That is not a good thing unless you insulate the tubing and the blocks. It's practically impossible to insulate full cover GPU blocks. Just running the AC through your rad will do very little anyway. The water doesn't stay in the rad very long.

Whenever you go below the dew point in watercooling you risk condensation. Condensation equals moisture dripping from the tubing. That is not a good thing unless you insulate the tubing and the blocks. It's practically impossible to insulate full cover GPU blocks. Just running the AC through your rad will do very little anyway. The water doesn't stay in the rad very long.

+1 Somehow I mixed the words dissipation with condensation. :chair: I think I am going to bed early tonight. But what daddy said is what I meant.

if you can make sure that the A/C air goes over the MB & stuff FIRST, before it hits the rad(s), then the only time to worry about condensation is when you switch off the A/C after it has been running for a while at its coldest, because then its possible that warmer, moist air gets introduced that hits still cold parts. But if you don't go crazy with it, like using a re-circulating air design, it should not pose a problem.

The beauty of a desk design is that you can set it up as a big rectangular "box" (with a glass top), have A/C cold air going in the left (or right) flowing over the MB & stuff then hitting the rad(s) at the right before exhausting into the room at the right (or left)

The extra gimmick there is that you'll have a cooled worktop :)

And -unless you're building a miner- you are looking at maybe 1500 Watts for the whole PC/PSU/GPU/Pumps/Fans there is no issue with heating up the room. Since 1500 W is +/- 5000 BTU and most A/C (except the really feeble ones) can cool down SEVERAL 1000 BTU's more... you'll have a cool room also :)

I would use the AC unit for the room on summer days/nights and not worry about the rig. The rig itself will grab w/e the ambient temp is in the room. It's safer that way and you'll notice a difference as I have in a AC'd room.

Thanks for the great info everyone. I had a feeling moisture would be an issue. But its ok my room stays fairly cooled due to the heat from the screens. I finally set up the table. Looks small but its not maybe its just the huge screens lol. Should start picking up building supplies nextweek.

10308352_584618478320020_6004734796525147071_n.jpg

Back