• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No display in the Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prasanth

last night, i hibernate my desktop computer which running windows 7 and after 5 hours, when i turn on , there is no display in the monitor but everything is working fine, cpu running and graphics card fan also running. but cpu restart automatically after few seconds, and running properly
to check, i removed the graphics card and connect vga cable in the motherboard , it works and displaying correctly,
only problem is when i connect with graphics card, there is no display,

I'm not clear on something you said. Did the graphics card work properly after the reboot or did you take it out before you rebooted? You should have left the graphics card in until you rebooted if you did not.

graphics card fan is running, no display in the monitor, i also tried resetting bios and nothing works :(

Last edited:
Well then it sounds like your graphics card has given up the ghost. Clearly this is not a driver issue as it should at least give you video when posting if the card is working at all. Do you have or can you borrow another video card to test with? The only other possibility is that the PCI-e slot is dead. Do you have another PCI-e slot on the motherboard to test your present card in?

i have only one pci-e slot. my motherboard is Zebronics zeb-g31 and graphics card- radeon hd 4650 1gb ,

Never heard of the company either but when I google the make and model it's there. Socket 775.

Pransanth, you simply cannot troubleshoot this issue unless you start swapping parts in and out. Do you have a friend or family member who will let you put your video card in their computer just to test it for being dead?

this problem only appears after i turn on my computer from hibernate mode, i should check this with other computer.

this problem only appears after i turn on my computer from hibernate mode, i should check this with other computer.

For pete sakes, then just disable hibernation! That is often a problematic technology anyway. Just go into Windows Control Panel, Power Options and select "other" and then you will see a High Performance option. Select it.

Back