• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No overclocking for G80?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that this is a good step especially with the problems the g71 has been having and the continued rise of heat output in the next gen.

good call nVidia... We all loved the 7900GT fiasco :p

Still though leaves a lot to be said though about warranties though.. any OC will cause a void in it? Since cards will only come at stock, or even figure out how to lock a GPU frequency. Either way this could turn out to be more bad news that what seems to be good news.

Also IMHO I don't think this will last long since nVidia will be losing a lot of business from the non-enthusiast looking for a pre-OCed card will have no such option which may lead to more ATI business...

For a few months the only thing that will hurt the g80 is the speed at which they can make them. Expect very high price inflations initially and possibly no ability to trade up right away until a later batch.

I sort of think it will not last. It would seem pointless for business. If Nvidia can get things straight the first time then there should be no issue. It seems that a large majority of people like to get factory oc'ed cards. Hopefully it is just factory and the end user will be allowed to overclock them. Also, I wonder if the lifetime warranty will disappear aince they seem to be so concerned about replacements.

Back