• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No post with APU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rickoles

Hi all

I'm hoping the collective wisdom of this forum can help me solve my problem.

I have just recently built a living room PC for movies and casual web browsing. The specs are:

CPU - AMD A4-4020
MOBO - GA-F2A85XN-WIFI
MEMORY - 4G Kit 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws-X
SSD - Kingston V300 SATA3 60G
CASE - Coolermaster RC-130
PSU - Corsair VS450

The problem I'm having is no picture is being sent via the mobo DVI / HDMI sockets. I have tried all 3 sockets, even all at the same time. Turning it on and off again netted no results (haha).

I inserted the GPU from my main PC into the PCI-E slot and got it to post that way. I entered the bios and checked the ram and cpu were all looking good. I tried to play with some settings regarding integrated graphics. I set it from AUTO to FORCED and still nothing.

From what I can see the PC is working fine with a dedicated GPU but that's not what I built it for!

I don't want to have to take it to a store to get it looked at for a couple $100 so I'm hoping you guys have some wild suggestions or incite into something I have overlooked to get this thing working.

I have no spare mobo or CPU to test with.

Thanks in advance :)

I inserted the GPU from my main PC into the PCI-E slot and got it to post that way. I entered the bios and checked the ram and cpu were all looking good.

From what I can see the PC is working fine with a dedicated GPU but that's not what I built it for!

That's good news! It looks like you possibly can flash the BIOS chip with a later version when using a dedicated GPU! :D

Back