• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No XMP1 option

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's a good read? Does what work with ASRock or not?

The entire thread is a good read. I'm sorry, Very interested in how well it overclocks on this XMP2 setting overall why, and Does the memory work well with your AsRock board. Sorry.

The memory works great with this board. Seems to be very stable. I have not attempted to overclock the frequency but I have tinkered with tightening the timings a bit. Bumped the v from 1.35 to 1.45 and the timings from 16-18-18-38-540 down to 14-17-17-36-500 and it seemed stable in benchmarks and light normal use. Did not really do any significant stress testing with those timing adjustments, however. Right now it's running stock. In bios, the tRCD and the tRP seem to be a combined setting and it doesn't like going lower than 17.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue on mine (AMD setup) where Trcdwr and Ras Pre time need to be the same or it results in a no post.
So my timing set ultimately is 14-13-13-13-31-46 1T.
Trfc is 467
Trfc2 is 347
Trfc4 is 214

I think 14-17-17-36-500 is good. 2 ticks in Cas tightening is where it's at for sure. Thanks for sharing that tid bit with me. I was contemplating G-Skill memory in the future and noticed you where using it in this thread.

Bios won't let me change the Command Rate from 2N to 1N. I assume "N" is the same thing as "T".

I'm doing some more stress testing at 14-17-17-36-500.

Is bumping the DRAM voltage up from 1.35 to 1.45 a safe amount for long term use? I haven't had much experience with RAM overclocking and what I have had has been a while back.

Bios won't let me change the Command Rate from 2N to 1N. I assume "N" is the same thing as "T".

I'm doing some more stress testing at 14-17-17-36-500.

Is bumping the DRAM voltage up from 1.35 to 1.45 a safe amount for long term use? I haven't had much experience with RAM overclocking and what I have had has been a while back.
Pretty much everyone agrees that 1.45V is safe. In fact, some of the faster XMP profiles are even at 1.45V. When I looked into 1.50V, those that seemed to know about it said it was fine too. I'm running my RAM at 1.45V.

G.Skill sells DDR4, Samsung B dies rated at 1.5v with the same lifetime warranty as their 1.2v sticks. That would seem to indicate that 1.5v is within spec.

Actually, I bumped the voltage down to 1.4 while keeping those same tighter timings. Did some good stability testing without an issue.

From what I've read, raising the DDR voltage may be more of an issue for the IMC than for the RAM itself as far as degradation over time.

Back