• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now I'm Just Having Fun: Project Three Mile Island - Revision D1.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
as the title says, now i'm just having fun - my x1900xtx needs to get RMA'd so i picked upa 6600gt off the BST forums here, and then as an impulse buy, bought a second matching card off of ebay in the same day

so now I plan to have some fun with a SLI setup with old 66.81 drivers with my D975XBX 302 board, as bigsam @ XS won't release his hacked drivers that support everything up to 7900GTX SLI on the intel chipset platform

so here's the specs:

Planned Specs:

Case/Components:

-Enclosure: Custom “Black Wrinkle” Powdercoated Mountain Mods U2-UFO w/ Original Top - HAVE

-Processor: Intel Pentium D 920 Presler - HAVE

-Motherboard: Intel D975XBX 875X Rev. 302 - HAVE

-Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ DDR2-667/PC2-5400 Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth - HAVE

-Graphics: 2x Leadtek WinFast PX6600GT TDH 128MB - HAVE

-Audio: Chaintech AV-710 7.1 - NEED

-Storage: 2x Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB 7200RPM 8MB cache SATA II (RAID 0) - HAVE
Seagate 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache IDE (backup drive) - HAVE

-5.25 Device: Black Samsung 52x32x52x16 CD-RW/DVD combo drive - HAVE

-3.5 Device: Black Sony 3.5" Floppy - HAVE

-Power: Zippy/Emacs PSL-6701P-SATA 700W PSU w/ Full PFC - HAVE

Cooling:

-CPU Heatsink: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - HAVE

-Radiator Fans: 6x Delta EFB1212LE 120x38mm fans - NEED

-Case Fans: 6x Delta EFB1212L 120x25mm fans - NEED

So yeah... once my x1900XTX gets back, that'll be sold and I'll set up a x1900XT+CF crossfire combo for Revision D2, or wait it out and pick up a set of 7900GTX's that my friend got... which happen to be some very special cards :) (and no, they're not "factory overclocked" kind of special... muahahaha)

Enjoy the stepping stone rig that I'm setting up while I wait for the other stuff that I need to begin Revision D2

-JR

Last edited:
damn man, i WANT your cash :D

this is gonna be sweet. I wanna see how those 6600GTs compare to your future rig, if they compare :D

update: bigsam hooked me up with some modded drivers (not THE drivers, but still modded, up-to-date drivers) SLI works great so far, but it lacks alot of power compared to a single x1900XTX

and SolidxSnake, you wouldn't even be able to compare the plans for Rev. D2 with the pair of 6600GT's I have now :drool:

anyways, I'll keep anyone who watches my threads entertained with a pic update as well:

6600gt_sli.jpg

please mind the jumble of wires - I'm not even going to bother with wire management until i get the RD-30 in to watercool it all

an RD-30?? god damn man, goin for it all aren't you? make sure your computer doesn't explode from the sheer amount of kickass going into it :p

^^ thats why he got a UFO case, plenty of room for KICKASS!

Sneaky, have you ever considered getting a chiller for your rig? :p

a chiller... maybe in the next case ;)

my friend just finally got his custom chilly1 U2-UFO that houses a 2-stage cascade for the CPU, and then two VJ pelts for the GPU's

i would ****ing LOVE to do something like that, and have it all still be within the case... but the thing is money - it cost him over $1600 to have it done by Chilly1

edit: and yeah, an RD-30, there was a guy that did a group order over on XS, so I couldn't refuse getting one *gulp*

well, once I present my Revision D2 plans, you're going to be making a trip to my house with a handgun if you hate me for what I've done so far :sn:

lol, when you get tired of your toys, do u sell them on ocf. if so, ill be first in line

I sell em to close friends, or people that I know/have dealt with before (or atleast offer it to them first), then they'll get posted up on the OC Forums or Xtreme Systems classifieds... last resort is putting them on e-bay, or just letting it reside in my closet LOL

.......I swear you just did a revision to this thing.......

Congrats.....but uhm.....stop teasing us with the NEXt project, and get to it. :clap:

Slayer2003 said:
.......I swear you just did a revision to this thing.......

Congrats.....but uhm.....stop teasing us with the NEXt project, and get to it. :clap:

soon... :beer:

ok I think I've straightened out all the Revision D2 specs, and will probably be posting the official D2 thread up by Friday or Saturday of this week :burn:

Back