• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Threshold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome Update Sneaky, Those Pump tops, and Blocks look very nice, also some Nice looking GPU,s to go in soon, looking forward to seeing more!

I've been getting impatient lately, so after a beer and a cigarette I decided to throw together what I could and set up the CPU + NB + SB loop for the meantime until I get a radiator and pump for the GPU loop.

Anyways... here's how it went:

Stripped the mobo and installed my M4 screws for the hard mount assembly:

31914.JPG

Installed the CPU + NB waterblocks:

31923.JPG

Added the SB blocks and tubing:

31937.JPG

Added water:

31950.JPG

Add two HD5850's:

31963.JPG

And 2x74gb Raptors & 2x 320gb ES Seagates:

31966.JPG

It's a bit of a jumble with wires at the moment, but I'll be concentrating on wire management once the GPU loop is set up.

looking really great Sneaky, now you just need to finish WC blocks on the GPU,s
Also great to see you Entered in the CMSD-II 2010 competition too!

Yup, he owns the sickest paint job ever to find it's way on a MM case. And this build is just amazing, I can't compliment it enough.. keep up the great work Sneaky! :D

Not to mention he's sitting on a pretty sick Skulltrail. Probably the only system I would move from Amd to intel for. :p

Not to mention he's sitting on a pretty sick Skulltrail. Probably the only system I would move from Amd to intel for. :p

Did you know that AMD had a competitor to Intel's Skulltrail codenamed Quadfather? It was basically the same idea, enthusiast dual socket Opteron board.. or maybe it was Quad socket hence the Quadfather name lol.. but I can't remember anymore, and I used to have a page bookmarked on it but I can't find it.. Either way just thought I'd share. :rolleyes: :p

Did you know that AMD had a competitor to Intel's Skulltrail codenamed Quadfather?

WHAAAA? :O

my name is the orgianal :D

i havent looked back into this log for a while now, looking great, been enjoying the mock ups, i love dual socket systems to, shame i cant afford one :( keep up the good work!

Did you know that AMD had a competitor to Intel's Skulltrail codenamed Quadfather?

WHAAAA? :O

my name is the orgianal :D

i havent looked back into this log for a while now, looking great, been enjoying the mock ups, i love dual socket systems to, shame i cant afford one :( keep up the good work!

Hehe, check This out! :rock: :comp:

Published: Friday 24th November, 2006 :chair: :p

Trust me, I remember the Quadfather AMD setup from way back when... I've wanted to own a SMP setup since a buddy of mine was running a dual P3 933 coppermine server for SOF II... and it finally came true with this Skulltrail build

Anyways, over the next couple weeks, I'm going to be doing some additional case modding for a couple extra grommet pass-thrus for PSU cables, etc, as well as re-sleeving/crimping some cables on the PSU to the proper lengths for what I need in the U2-UFO case

Also just ordered some new tubing and barbs - switching over to 3/8"x5/8" masterkleer tubing due to the 1 1/8" bend radius compared to the 1 3/4" radius on the tubing I have now due to some of the bends that I need to accommodate for with the SMP board and the way I want to route the tubing for aesthetics sake.

Yeah yeah, I know, it's 3/8" tubing, but it shouldn't pose a problem when running dual loops with a D5 in each loop, as well as using high-flow Bitspower 3/8" barbs.

Pics to come when the goods arrive.

edit: BTW AMD's Quadfather wasn't really competition for Skulltrail... it was a precursor to Intel's Skulltrail platform, and a breakthrough in consumer-based SMP computing for enthusiasts rather than strictly for server/enterprise use

50ft of 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD x 1/8" wall x 1 1/8" bend radius Masterkleer PVC tubing arrived today:

zyklonh2o 011.JPG

I hadn't ordered the Bitpower 3/8" barbs yet, so I tried fitting the tubing over the EK 1/2" barbs that I already have... it goes on tighter than 7/16" ID tubing, and the tubing ID is the exact same as the barb ID... so I think I'm gonna keep the EK barbs and run 3/8" tubing over 1/2" EK barbs

zyklonh2o 028.JPG

Dual socket systems just make me happy! Haha, the pure power! The build is looking nice! It's always nice to save money ain't it Sneaky?

@ TheQuadFather, Nice avatar!

Back