• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED nVidia Ampere (3000-series) GPU Rumors and Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not that it's in stock (at EVGA store) or you can get it for that price anywhere, but, a 3060 is $329 (the more expensive model is $399) at the EVGA Shop.

It seems like more GPUs are appearing at less insane prices. Last night I saw a 3080 (not-Ti) from a regular online store for the first time... ever. The pricing was £1139 which for those not used to £ is just above the 3080 Ti MSRP of £1049, not that I ever saw those. I debated how much I wanted a 3080, at what cost. Thankfully this was one time I was happy to see it sell out as I think it is still poor value, but kinda getting closer to the biting point. I had emptied most of my crypto reserves in earlier spending rounds and even after shaking the dregs of my ETH wallet it wasn't even half way. Then I thought I could top up by selling the 2080 Ti and by that point it sold out. Still, wasn't instant. I think people are getting more picky at what price they're willing to spend on it. Used 2080 Ti pricing does seem to be trending downwards, and there might even be more of them on the used market. If I'm going to sell mine, sooner is possibly better. More current gen GPUs are getting around and more older cards going into the used market wont help.

I paid $399 for my LHR EVGA RTX 3060....for $500 it would have to be the Ti version.
Yeah that's what I'd been reading. I'm still on the fence. Performance should be nearly identical to my 2060 super... but with an extra 4 gb of RAM. I really need that more than anything for Davinci Resolve. (VERY vRAM dependent.)

So this is what I saw yesterday. I know the 3090 price is ridiculous... but the 3060 price doesn't shock me. I mean this place generally jacks up the prices of its cards anyway... even before the Great GPU Pandemic. (It's kind of the equivalent of a Best Buy or something.)

I'm just amazed to even see these on the shelf right now. This is actually the same shop where I got my 2060 Super.

I guess I'll walk in there one day and a 3070 or 3080 will be on the shelf... Price: Unknown.

1_gpu2021.jpeg

Those prices are still a bit high for my taste, even the 3060. The XC (non-ultra) is essentially EVGA's base model.

Stock at Scan is looking slightly healthier. Prices are slipping downwards, but still a bit too high for my liking:
3090s are £1800 - £210
3070 for £800 (I paid £600 for mine in January)
Refurb 2080Ti for £1100
2060 super for £500
2060s for £370 - £440
1660s for £280 - £360
1650s for ~£200

From seeing forum posts here and there, it feels like EU has more stock than the US in many cases... :shrug:

Also the drought happened here slightly later than it began Stateside. At the same time prices were getting astronomical over there... I could walk into a shop here and get whatever video card I wanted. (Besides the 3070... which I'm beginning to think was a myth.)

What happened?? IIRC last week a gtx-1080 was going for ~$325+ and now are ~$250+.. I may be able to buy on of these magical cards (3xxx) by x-mas :)

Last year in Nov. I joked how we could just wait for the 4000 series to come out, to get the 3000 series at a reasonable price...Why do I get the feeling this might have been prophetic ?

It was predicted that things wouldn't get better until now... let's hope the availability increases while prices drop. :)

From seeing forum posts here and there, it feels like EU has more stock than the US in many cases... :shrug:

I get the opposite impression, but what I have to go on are those in the "what did you get today" thread posting GPUs so there is a kind of selective bias there on my part.

Do not think in the UK at least there is great supply. Only in recent weeks has any GPU not been immediately sold out unless it was priced so high even the miners and scalpers say no. Now we seem to be entering a new phase, the less insanely priced GPUs hang around a little longer so you can actually see them listed. Pricing is still far above where most gamers would like. There seem to be occasional FE drops so lower priced cards are not impossible to find, but chances are still not great of being at the right place at the right time.

I'm debating reselling the used 2080 Ti I picked up as a placeholder last year before prices drop further. With a 3070 in hand I don't really need two cards of similar performance, and still hold hope for getting something higher like a 3080+.

Yeah.....I wouldn't use a slow forum's responses in one thread to judge. :p

I wouldn't call it a 'great supply' either over there, but anecdotally (just more threads at different sites and hearing from different users in different locations), I see more users in EU (at other sites) running into these things (price be damned). It seems that everywhere the belt is loosening on supply.

Who knows... :shrug:

So close, and yet so far. Between paypal balance (from earlier crypto sales) and what I would get for selling the 2080 Ti, I could get a 3080 that just appeared again for £990 (below 3080 Ti MSRP). But the seller website rejected my purchase 3 times and I give up. I'm sure it isn't my payment details as I have to verify through my banking app which I did without error. Their phone system is horrible, and I don't want it enough to get through that.

I think there has been another 3080 Ti drop, as many models are listed once again. I still don't want one enough to pay much above MSRP for one, as low as +30% now.

Well first there was the guy selling 3060s whie I was on vacation in Marseille. THEN i found one on the shelf two days ago here.

Now they're also widely available on most German websites. So the stock DOES seem to have improved here in Europe. (In Germany and France at least... UK isn't with us anymore... :p )

VERIFIED: All models of the RTX 3000 series are available on all major German websites (besides amazon) right now. Including all the normally available manufacturers. Prices seem to be coming down as well. https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_i...ill-x4-lhr-c307t4-086xx-1820va35-2747091.html

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 6.20.00 PM.png

Still... nowhere near where they SHOULD be of course... but still nowhere near where they were either.

Still in Europe, even if not in the EU ...

That always confused me... because most of the UK is a collection of islands... England, Scotland, and the North part of Ireland. So it's... technically... not part of continental Europe. But it's moreso part of Europe by its proximity. Being a member state of the EU tied it more directly... economically, politically, etc... But then I guess I wouldn't know what makes a continent a continent and why "The United Kingdom" couldn't be considered its own continent. I'm a writer... not a geologist. :D (And as you can see... once I start actually thinking about these things... my mind starts reeling!)

Back to an even more incomprehensible topic: What's the video card situation in Scotland right now? And I'm not talking about online... Have you been to an actual store to see what they have sitting on the shelf? Surely the video card section of any major electronic store isn't just sitting empty right now?

That always confused me... because most of the UK is a collection of islands... England, Scotland, and the North part of Ireland. So it's... technically... not part of continental Europe. But it's moreso part of Europe by its proximity. Being a member state of the EU tied it more directly... economically, politically, etc... But then I guess I wouldn't know what makes a continent a continent and why "The United Kingdom" couldn't be considered its own continent. I'm a writer... not a geologist. :D (And as you can see... once I start actually thinking about these things... my mind starts reeling!)

I think it important to separate the geological from the political. Republic of Ireland is in EU but it is also not on mainland europe. Where does mainland europe stop? You could walk from Portugal through India (indirectly) to China if you wanted to. The definition of continents I believe are due to how land masses have moved over time. India was not connected to Asia until it collided... some time back.

At risk of going down a Google hole, I did try to look up how the European continent is defined. That nuked what I wrote above. Apparently it is a historical political division and not geological. Europe is just a part of the landmass including Asia, and India (which is separate geologically). The classification as a separate continent was apparently due to differences in culture in the medieval period. While there are differences between countries in Europe, they're much smaller than the differences compared to say the Far East.

Anyway, back to topic, I have a 2080 Ti to try and sell to free up funds for a 3080+ which are being listed more often now.

Back