• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED nVidia Ampere (3000-series) GPU Rumors and Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It makes typical GPU noise. At high speed it's loud, at low speed it's quiet. Just depends on how taxed the card is. I wouldn't say it's any louder or quieter than any other I've ever had.

THAT has been happening for several months and was already a part of what we're seeing.

Prices have been coming down and availability (was?) up, can't say I'm surprised these are not in stock again. :)

Caseking and some others had many models but low quantity so everything got sold quickly, even though prices on some models are not so special. The same situation is in Poland or other countries. All new cards are wider available because everything is in the LHR version and miners are not interested (ASUS 2.0, or everything is clearly marked as LHR). Radeons keep high prices. Some price reductions are almost only for RX6700XT. On the other hand, RTX3070Ti costs almost as much as RX6700XT, and both are mining about the same.
In Poland, I can buy almost everything right now but not everything at low enough prices. RTX3060/Ti, 3070/Ti, 3080/Ti, 3090, RX6700XT/6800/6800XT/6900XT ... everything is in stores but some models keep old prices.
One example, I just ordered RTX3060Ti from EVGA (mentioned in another thread) just because their prices are very low compared to any other store, but availability is very limited. Either way, it cost me about $300 less than the cheapest RTX3060Ti from any other online store in Poland or close countries. A regular RTX3060Ti price is about as high as RX6700XT price and not much lower than the RTX3070Ti. I wouldn't even think about buying RTX3060Ti at a regular price.

I've mentioned in several posts that many of the Big 3 automakers are renting lots that are full of new vehicles that are just missing different chips (ECM, ABS, ETC). There are reports of them possibly shipping the unfinished vehicles to the dealerships and just having them finish the install as most/all dealerships have capable mechanics to complete the job.

Crazy times we're living in.

I've mentioned in several posts that many of the Big 3 automakers are renting lots that are full of new vehicles that are just missing different chips (ECM, ABS, ETC). There are reports of them possibly shipping the unfinished vehicles to the dealerships and just having them finish the install as most/all dealerships have capable mechanics to complete the job.

Crazy times we're living in.
That is indeed the case. I have a friend that works adjacent to the industry, there's lots/warehouses/racetrack full of unfinished cars.

Isn't the 3060 pretty much equivalent to a 1080 , minus the fancy RTX stuff in terms of performance?

Prices are just crazy.

Cooling wise it probably will be fine, but more fans is almost always better imho.

I was comparing the RTX3060 that I have (EVGA XC) and it was about the same as GTX1080Ti in whatever I'm using, but has much lower wattage. I'm happy with the EVGA XC version which has 2 fans but is small and short so fits my weird small builds. I still have to set the fan curve manually or use a fixed 50% speed which is enough to keep it quiet and cool. At auto, it sometimes goes up to 75%+ and then is a bit noisy. I wonder how it will look with the RTX3060Ti XC as it has a higher wattage but the same cooler.

I think about a couple weeks ago, a large shipment must have arrived in Europe (geographic region). The question is, when is the next shipment?

The carmaker chip shortages I think were reported as early as last year. They killed orders on lockdown and haven't managed to obtain desired capacity on chips since then.

Did some digging on it earlier. In short from gaming perspective, it is mostly a cut down 3060 with following differences: half ram capacity but with ECC, slightly fewer cores, much lower boost clock (unknown base), ram is slower too but if considered in ratio to the cores, the cores will be more limiting. Should be most powerful GPU not needing a power connector. Performance then should also be quite a way below a 3060. Depends on how typical clocks work out.

Honestly, any modern Intel or 5000G series AMD will have integrated graphics capable of competing with the A2000 without the added cost. This is just my assumption as I have not seen any reviews of it yet.

I don't think it's slower than the GF1030 and at least in my tests, GF1030 beats Ryzen 4000/5000 and Intel 11gen IGP/APU in most tests (maybe a matter of my tests as some are faster on APU). I was even checking Ryzen 5 APU with 4533 RAM 1:1 or 5400 1:2 and it was still slower in some tests. Count that Ryzen 4000G and 5000G have the same graphics performance. But well, you get it "for free" when GF1030 still costs ~$100-150 in most stores.

I have to agree that the performance, even if it was 50% higher than any integrated graphics, is not worth $450 when you can perform about the same tasks "for free". I mean the same tasks as the performance, even 50% higher (and it won't be), is still poor compared to higher series discrete graphics cards which are dedicated for "only" 1080p.
I also highly doubt that anyone will buy that card for gaming when other options are simply cheaper/faster.

I think about a couple weeks ago, a large shipment must have arrived in Europe (geographic region). The question is, when is the next shipment?

The carmaker chip shortages I think were reported as early as last year. They killed orders on lockdown and haven't managed to obtain desired capacity on chips since then.

Shipments are more often. It's just how the distribution in the EU works and multiple points on the way are causing delays. There are single distributors in the EU that take the shipment and later split it to sub-distributors. Sub-distributors sell it later to large local sites and they sell it later to retail or small stores. This is also why EU prices are so high as everyone takes its share+shipping costs.
There was a list of shipments on the Proshop store website (site available in many EU countries which is also one of the largest). They were getting 1-20 cards from each brand/model and shipments were every 1-2 weeks. The same in Poland or Germany, usual deliveries were for about 1-20 cards only. The largest brands were delivering 10-30 cards (various models), the less popular 1-5 cards per shipment. Now it has changed but you can still see 20 RX 6600 XT for the premiere in the largest sites.
Even though I have connections in the distribution, then I find many things hard to explain or predict.

Honestly, any modern Intel or 5000G series AMD will have integrated graphics capable of competing with the A2000 without the added cost. This is just my assumption as I have not seen any reviews of it yet.

No, no current iGPU will be anywhere near close.

iGPU with dual channel 3600 ram = 56 GB/s - Most will probably be running lower speed ram than that, and it is also shared with the CPU cores
A2000 GDDR6 = 288 GB/s

It is harder to compare the potential core performance, but sticking within the nvidia range, the A2000 has a rated 8 TFLOPS, compared to around 12 of the 3060. The previous (<75W) power class performance leader of GTX 1650 is 3 TFLOPS. The GTX 1030 is barely about 1 TFLOPS but it is in a lower power class (30W).

Let's not forget, this is not targeted as a gaming GPU, but a card for budget workstations/pro use with its inclusion of ECC. It seems to be getting some interest in enthusiast area due to size/power, perhaps for those looking to do a SFF build it will be particularly interesting. It is not meant to take on the gaming mainstream!

That or my previous post was generated to simulate human shock and surprise. Something that has been difficult for AI software to accurately duplicate...until now.

Back