• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the 600 series will be a notebook GPU named Steller, and the 700 is a bit above, so its the Kepler. :D Certainly set up to challenge the 7000 series, so thats why the consumers mind kinda should be linked to number 7.

For me, 7 kinda is a magical number and it did prove its power even at the IT buisness.
Win 7= big success
I7 = huge success
79X= good success
7Zip= awesome tool
7000 series = AMDs revenge, beat you!
700 series= we truly wanna know

its simply... magical. In term they use the 600 to fight a 7000, they gonna lose, no magic inside.

Last edited:
Probably exactly like the GTX300 series.
"We're calling it fermi even though it's a gtx200/9800/8800 rebadge!"

More info post CES..

NVIDIA wanted to show kepler at CES but didn't
This was a business decision as rumors say that Kepler is actually in production and that the chip is still scheduled for a H1 2012 launch, but maybe at the end of this quarter.

Kepler to come out in early Q2 2012
The timeframe that we heard more than once is April, which is the month of the launch of Ivy Bridge, Core I 3000 generation of desktop and mobile processors. Nvidia is late to the party, but with some overclocking, the old Geforce GTX 580 still stands up well against the Radeon HD 7970, and the rumor in graphics circle is that Kepler will end up significantly faster than the Radeon HD 7970.

This is making me want to wait, instead of jumping and buying a 580, and wait for a 7xx series... I havent had a bad nvidia card since the 5500FX...

This is making me want to wait, instead of jumping and buying a 580, and wait for a 7xx series... I havent had a bad nvidia card since the 5500FX...

I'm also saving up... we'll see what I can afford when they come out :attn:

Ok, this thread has been cleaned up. Keep your rants/arguments about pure performance vs. performance-per-watt elsewhere, this is not the thread for it.

Ivy, you need to watch your tone. Several posts I deleted in that mess were toeing the flamebait/insult line. There was nothing lost in translation either, you were just being rude. Mind your manners or deleted posts will be the least of your worries.

I am also saving up. Sold 1 of my 580s today and I am selling my BD setup and SB setup to afford an SLI Kepler setup along with ivy bridge. Should make for a killer combo.

This.

1: You are not saving up. You are selling off your stuff.

2: This, i consider, a disease. Selling off your home to get all the new gen stuff. Thankfully i am immune.

This.

1: You are not saving up. You are selling off your stuff.

2: This, i consider, a disease. Selling off your home to get all the new gen stuff. Thankfully i am immune.

Its a hobby like any other man.. on other websites we call it "GAS" Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Its fun to get new stuff, no matter what the reason is. To keep getting new stuff, there needs to be a cash flow. Selling a card when it is still in prime, gets you most of your money back. Selling the same card when another awesome series comes out, well the price goes down. In the end, there is no money to make, PC is a spending industry, parts depreciate etc...

Some people smoke, some people gamble, some people go on cruise vacations, some people buy luxury cars.

Well this guy has a hobby he likes, that's all :D

Well this guy has a hobby he likes, that's all :D

+1. Amnesiac, why do you have such a problem with how someone else chooses to spend their money? You may not see the necessity but others do. There is no need to troll others by telling them they have a disease. They just have a different opinion than you do about computer hardware.

I swear, this thread brings out the rude in people doesn't it?

I for one am also saving!

I never sell gear though what I will do this time is probably get a 780 (2?) Ivy, and make an ITX system with my current i7 and put my 3 6970s in my htpc :D

I for one am also saving!

Well if you start saving now, maybe you can have enough coin to get one of the faster models.. My goal is to replace my GTX470 with something that has at LEAST 2x the performance in games that I play. Otherwise, I just keep waiting.. To me, I cannot justify a 10% or 30% increase in fps when I spend over $300 for a piece of gear.. But that's because I'm not rich :rain:

If I had lots of money, I would always have the top card of each generation.

As for Kepler, I think that if there is a true architectural change (since G80), it will be worth exploring even if I don't get my x2 improvement.

-D

Tho my real question is at this point, how much of this information is...not real? Seen these things happen time and time again, I think setting speculation aside, might be best to just wait for a actual card to surface before assuming performance anywhere, but even then these benchmarks could be false too...its so fun...

Well if you start saving now, maybe you can have enough coin to get one of the faster models.. My goal is to replace my GTX470 with something that has at LEAST 2x the performance in games that I play. Otherwise, I just keep waiting.. To me, I cannot justify a 10% or 30% increase in fps when I spend over $300 for a piece of gear.. But that's because I'm not rich :rain:

If I had lots of money, I would always have the top card of each generation.

As for Kepler, I think that if there is a true architectural change (since G80), it will be worth exploring even if I don't get my x2 improvement.

-D

I agree with not trying to keep up with the Jones' as it will just leave you with alot of hardware going thorough your hands and possibly frustration with compatibility problems, I typically wait a little while to upgrade, for prices to drop, and for the drivers to level out...sometimes being cutting edge...leaves you bleeding, in more ways than one.

Tho my real question is at this point, how much of this information is...not real? Seen these things happen time and time again, I think setting speculation aside, might be best to just wait for a actual card to surface before assuming performance anywhere, but even then these benchmarks could be false too...its so fun...

This is basically a speculation thread until there are official statements/releases. It is basically just something to snack on / discuss until then. What I get from it is that the release date is roughly beginning April, and that they are looking at something faster than the new AMD flagship. Will modify the OP when I get more official details..

When will more information come out? I say by march we will have a good idea of what we are looking at.. but Jensen has ben pretty tight with his info thus far, the NDA might be kept until the release date.

Back