• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These stats can'be true right? It should most likely be on par with HD7000? I need to know as soon as possible because I'm planning on building it in the next month or so if the nVidia stats are not true. I f they are I will defiantly wait. Someone please tell me!?

Well, now that we have seen rumours for a while, we have seen the 600 and 700 nomenclature used for cards. The 600 series could be the original (like the 400 series), and the 700 could be the eventual version of it. So by those standards, the graph might be accurate to some degree.

I would be rather surprised if those were true. I wouldn't say it is impossible, but that would be one hell of a leap in performance. Then again if nvidia is willing to eat up the entire PCIe TDP envelope they might actually manage something close to those numbers.

I would be rather surprised if those were true. I wouldn't say it is impossible, but that would be one hell of a leap in performance. Then again if nvidia is willing to eat up the entire PCIe TDP envelope they might actually manage something close to those numbers.

I just expect the good ol 10-20% increase over the last generation. Basically, the 670 will beat the 580. Unless the technology allows for more efficient GPU/watt, then they can simply move the pricepoints up a notch.

To me, that's enough, and if its more then I'll be happy, take the credit card out and "add to cart" when available online. :attn:

I just expect the good ol 10-20% increase over the last generation. Basically, the 670 will beat the 580. Unless the technology allows for more efficient GPU/watt, then they can simply move the pricepoints up a notch.

To me, that's enough, and if its more then I'll be happy, take the credit card out and "add to cart" when available online. :attn:

+1

Latest info (last 48 hours)

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/25712-nvidia-not-impressed-with-hd-7900-series

According to a post over NordicHardware, it looks like Nvidia isn't too impressed by AMD's Radeon HD 7900 series and it is quite confident that Kepler will have no trouble in seizing the performance. Once it shows up, of course.

Although no specific details were given, an Nvidia spokeperson noted that they expected more from AMD's new architecture and that Nvidia's 28nm Kepler GPUs will have no trouble in beating AMD performance-wise.

Well, I expect the midrange kepler to match the 7950.. Exactly like the GTX470 was somewhere between the 5850 and the 5870.

So... i hear that GTR 785 would be dual mid range gpus?.

I have a strong feeling that we won't find out any details about a dual GPU until they actually release the first cards. But of course, nothing is right or wrong right now..

Unless it's been mentioned already, they are completely skipping the 600 series?

either way kepler is kepler and that was aimed to be released in 2011 about a year and a half ago.

I have a feeling whatever numbers they put on it it's going to be the next generation road map for nvidia points toward slightly better performance with better power efficiency. I won't believe for a second that the new card is going to be 110% faster than previous cards.

not only was this press conference labled "GTX600 series" but it doesn't show performance it shows GFlops per watts.

As much as i want the next gen Nvidia card to smoke the fermi i have my doubts, that BF3 chart looks to "perfect".

Food for thought: The GTX580 has 1642 Gflops | The Radeon HD 7970 has 4096 GFlops - that makes the 7970, performance wise fall between the GTX 580 and the Kepler, the kepler looks to be around 5000 Gflops, as we know in actual performance the 7970 is not terribly much better than a GTX580 around the board. 1000 more GFlops in terms of actual game performance is going to be maybe 15%-20% faster than a 7970 and %50 more than a GTX580/like card

Attachments

• Nvidia-GTX-600-to-Be-Released-in-Q4-2011-Using-28nm-Manufacturing-Node-Rumors-Say-2.jpg
    Nvidia-GTX-600-to-Be-Released-in-Q4-2011-Using-28nm-Manufacturing-Node-Rumors-Say-2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
These stats can'be true right? It should most likely be on par with HD7000? I need to know as soon as possible because I'm planning on building it in the next month or so if the nVidia stats are not true. I f they are I will defiantly wait. Someone please tell me!?
There is no way of knowing until nVidia releases them for testing. You will have to wait until February or March, I think is the expected release. But IMO they looks a little to highs.... Usually we see about a 10-20% gain over the last generation like diaz stated.

There is no way of knowing until nVidia releases them for testing. You will have to wait until February or March, I think is the expected release. But IMO they looks a little to highs.... Usually we see about a 10-20% gain over the last generation like diaz stated.

I have yet to build my PC but I'm pretty sure noting like this ever happend in the past.

Has GeForce ever smoked Radeon like that in the past, because if they haven't, chances are it won't happen this time either.

I have yet to build my PC but I'm pretty sure noting like this ever happend in the past.

Has GeForce ever smoked Radeon like that in the past, because if they haven't, chances are it won't happen this time either.

Their current flagship smoked the radeon for over a year. (GTX580)

G80. The 8800GTX was a wicked card when it came out. Smoked ATi (back then) with flying colors. I bought it. True story :D

LOL!!!

Yeah, someone from another site is going to see this and add it to speculation :sn:

exactly lol, but who knows Nvidia could be skipping the 600 series and jumping to the 700 just because the 600 would be a small bunny hop behind or ahead, and wouldn't last long.

In which case, wouldn't that make it the Maxwell instead of Kepler? If that is the case then i can imagine a large jump like that because the fermi is pretty burned out. But if Nvidia released a card with performance like above we're in for a GPU civil war, it would go against all marketing techniques that have been holding us back since the 8800GT, imagine a world where a video card isn't out dated for atleast 2 1/2 years... it sounds like Armageddon to me. (That's a little pun because it's rumored the generation code name after Maxwell is "Armageddon")

:bs:

Last edited:
Back