• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[o.c] amd phenom x2 550 overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, it's not the same. He's got the C2 stepping and you have the C3. C3 was locked. We went over that already.

You can bump you're fsb up more if you lower your CPU core multiplier. Try 250 mhz fsb and 15.0x or 14.5x multiplier. Lowering the multiplier and raising your fsb will enable you to get full speed from your ram while not causing your CPU to become unstable. The CPU mulitplier is not locked downwardly, only upwardly.

Great! You need to be aware that you can probably overclock it a little higher as a two core so you need to decide which is best for you based on what you typically do with the computer. Some programs and games do not use more than two cores very efficiently and would do better on two cores clocked higher than on four cores running at a lower speed. If you intend to switch back to the two core mode as an experiment make sure you write down all your four core overclock settings so you can plug them back in if you want to.

Now, you just need to get some memory that works in dual channel.

Last edited:
damn,today during gaming, i again got blue screen error and settings are 240 fsb and 15.5x multiplier with other normals.damn i passed 2 hours prime95 with it.
the processor is 3.75ghz this was the same amount i get from auto overclock and was stable,then y manual ovclock and see errors?

I'm wondering if the heat produced by your video card while gaming is responsible for this. It might be helpful to have HWMOnitor open in the background while you are gaming to check this.

How many fans do you have installed in the case? What make and model video card do you have? You should put information about your video card in your Sig.

Back